Our faculty members not only teach classes and grade papers, but they also broaden their knowledge and contribute to their fields by:
• Doing research
• Attending conferences and presenting papers
• Serving as officers in professional organizations
• Securing and hosting visiting lecturers
• Producing exhibits of their artistic works
• Performing in music recitals, theater productions, etc.
These activities play a key role in informing, teaching, and challenging students to pursue the best in their own work. Faculty are important role models and mentors for students, and their scholarly activity pays dividends to students who take their classes.
These achievements are also recognized statewide. PC has had six South Carolina Professors of the Year, more than any other college or university in the state.