President’s Blog › A busy campus

Posted in: From the desk of the president | September 20, 2013

logo-6.5A great fall is underway. Freshman enrollment is up three percent. Classes are off to a great start. Some students are currently participating in rush, and the athletic teams are having fun competing. I have had the pleasure of watching both soccer and football games.

In the Greenville Dining Hall bookstore, we have some new gear which proudly displays our logo. For those who might not have noticed the new logo, it is included in this post.

Last week the campus was rocked by the arrival of two Black Hawk helicopters. They were on campus to pick up members of our Highlander Battalion Cadets. What a great experience for these young people to get a first class military ride.

Soon, those of you living in or driving through South Carolina will see billboards going up in Columbia and the Upstate. The billboards will assert our emphasis on students by proclaiming “Your Success, Our Commitment,” a promise that PC professors have maintained since the founding of the College.

This weekend we will have a School of Pharmacy open house as we reach out to those who are considering entering a pharmacy program in the fall of 2014. And, Monday night, I will be holding a town hall meeting with the students. I am looking forward to hearing the students’ questions and gaining their insights. The meeting will be hosted by the Student Government Association.

I want to thank Student Body President John Turnbull and the other officers not only for this opportunity but also for what they are doing to enhance Blue Pride. We definitely have a wonderful change on campus.

Last week I had an opportunity to make a presentation about the Federal Reserve to the Financial Services Institute in Washington. I will be making the same presentation to our business students next week. I look forward to learning the students’ views about the role of the Federal Reserve—and how their perspectives differ from those held by the financial consultants with whom I met in Washington.

For those who have not been on the campus recently, please visit soon. We would really like to see you.

‹ Back to President’s Blog