President’s Blog › Wonderful time of the year!

Posted in: From the desk of the president | December 14, 2013

It is almost Christmas. Final exams are over.

The last ten days have been very rewarding. Friday, December 6th, Fran and I held a donor reception in the President’s home followed by attendance at the annual PC Christmas music program. This year it was titled “How Sweet the Sound.” Those who were able to be at one of the performances on Friday, Saturday or Sunday know that this was truly an appropriate title. Attending this event was a wonderful way to start off the holiday season.

Last Monday I was in Atlanta visiting with donors. Tuesday night Fran and I joined the students for an exam study-break breakfast from 11 p.m. to 12 a.m in Greenville Dining Hall. Wednesday we had the annual Faculty and Staff Christmas Party and Recognition Luncheon. Wednesday night PC alumni and parents met at Pat and Debbie Phillips home in Charlotte for a wonderful holiday party. Thursday Beth Braxton and I had the pleasure of visiting with alumni in Greenville. And, tonight Fran and I will be attending three Christmas receptions. We are fortunate and grateful to have an opportunity to be integrally involved in the activities surrounding PC.

This coming week will be a time to catch-up and to have two quiet dinners—one for the senior leadership team and one for their direct reports. It also will be a time to take stock of all the wonderful things that have happened at Presbyterian College this fall and to embrace the spirit of the holiday season. Fran and I hope everyone has a great holiday and that 2014 will be a blessed time for you and your family.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Claude

‹ Back to President’s Blog