Presbyterian College alumna named SC Outstanding Young Banker of the Year

Presbyterian College alumna Jennifer Tompkins Jones ’00 was recently named the SC Outstanding Young Banker of the Year for her work with Citizens Building & Loan (CBL). This award is presented by the South Carolina Bankers Association (SCBA), and the recipient is selected by a committee of past chairmen of the SCBA based on the individual’s accomplishments in his/her institution, contributions and involvement in the banking industry, and accomplishments and service to the community.

“Little did I know when I entered Presbyterian College as a freshman in the fall of 1996 that I had joined a new family, which would shape the rest of my life,” Jones said. “The professors from whom I learned so much, the friends I made, the experiences I encountered, all created a solid foundation for everything I have done since.”

Jones graduated from PC with a degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting. While at PC, she also acted as a teller and worked in operations for a community bank. She graduated from the South Carolina Bankers School in 2005 and received a graduate degree from the Colorado School of Banking in Boulder, Colo., in 2014.

Jones began working with Citizens Building & Loan immediately after graduating from PC and has worked in almost every department within the bank. She was recently promoted to CBL’s Executive Vice President and serves on the SCBA Young Bankers Board.

Jones and her husband Walden live in Greer, SC, with their children Eliza and Carter. Beyond her position with CBL, Jones serves on the Board of Trustees for Greer’s Partnership for Tomorrow, volunteers with Meals on Wheels, acts as Chairman for the School Improvement Council at Chandler Creek Elementary, and works with the Budget and Finance Committee for First Presbyterian Church in Greer.

“I honestly feel my PC education provided me with the skill set and resources to further myself on a personal and professional level,” Jones added. “It is such an honor to be recognized on a professional level; however, I am most grateful for the opportunities I have.”

Presbyterian College is located on a striking 240-acre campus in Clinton, between Columbia and Greenville, S.C. Offering challenging academics and a culture of honor, ethics, and service that prepares students to be leaders in communities, PC offers its students the benefit of engaging with an exceptional faculty who take individual interest in their students’ well-being, both personally and in the classroom. The Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy opened in 2010, and is dedicated to the ideals of leadership, honor to the profession, and service to the community. For more information about Presbyterian College, visit www.presby.edu.