Students talking at the columns

Commitment

We are committed to a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking skills across disciplines. PC offers a 13:1 undergraduate student to professor ratio, and six of our professors have been named South Carolina Professor of the year. There are 42 majors and 57 minors to choose from. We believe it takes a community to make a great college. PC graduates are well-rounded, thoughtful, and intelligent contributors to society.

Future

90% of our graduates continue to graduate school or start their careers within six months of graduation. These graduates have lived by the PC honor code during their years here, which teaches accountability and respect across the campus. This code follows our graduates into the workplace and sets them apart.

Pride

Our campus has pride that speaks to our strong community. Blue Pride joins diverse campus groups in a common bond that unites students across interests. There are over 100 organizations and clubs to choose from. Our student body is active! From clubs to Greek life to outdoor movies to student government—we’re on the go. We’re also fit from Division I sports to intramurals, no one sits on the sidelines. #GoBlueHose

Away

100% of students study abroad, intern, or participate in research. Our students are also engaged in broader community work through Habitat for Humanity, Special Olympics, mission work, and faith groups. This engagement reflects our motto: “While we live, we serve.”

Home

PC is home. From professors who care to an extended family of supporters, including staff, administrators, coaches, classmates, and alumni—everyone is focused on helping students grow.

Faith

We want students to grow in mind and spirit during there time here. PC nurtures students in their understanding of religious thought through student groups, worship services, and student ministry opportunities.

Place

PC’s campus blends old Georgian Revival architecture and new facilities, with numerous buildings on the National Register of Historic Places. Founded by Dr. William Plumer Jacobs in 1880, it has evolved from its first building, Recitation Hall, on four acres of land to the 1906 construction of our landmark building: Neville Hall. Today, there are 240 acres of natural beauty for you to explore. 98% of students live on campus. It’s alive with activity, moving forward.