Students who major in biology must complete 63 to 65 hours, including
- BIOL 1150-1150L*, 1151-1151L*, 198, 199, 234, 399, 401,
- and 23 to 24 additional hours of BIOL coursework.
This 23 to 24 hours must include at least one course each from
- Organismal (select one)
- BIOL 201, 208, or 306;
- Cell/Molecular (select one)
- BCHE 307/307L, BCHE 308, BIOL 209, or BIOL 318;
- Evolution/Ecology (select one)
- BIOL 207, 212, 314, or 320;
- Plant Biology (select one)
- BIOL 203, 206, or 312;
- Function/Structure (select one)
- BIOL 302, 303-303L, 304, or 311-311L;
- a three- to four-hour elective chosen from any courses offered by the department (excluding internships).
Students must complete the following related courses:
- CHEM 101-101L, 102-102L, and 221-221L**;
- PHYS 1500 and 1510;
- and one of the following courses:
- MATH 199, 201, 210, 211;
- or STAT 319, 320.
*Note:All students should take BIOL 1151-1151L. A grade of ‘C-‘ or higher in BIOL 1150-1150L or its approved equivalent course is required to enroll in BIOL 1151-1151L. A grade of ‘C-‘ or higher in BIOL 1151- 1151L or its approved equivalent is required to enroll in any upper division biology course.
**Note: Pre-professional and pre-graduate school students are strongly advised to take CHEM 222-222L.
Biology major card (PDF format)