The U.S. Army ROTC Four-Year College Scholarship
High school juniors and seniors can apply for the U.S. Army ROTC Four-Year College Scholarship, which includes:
- Full tuition and fees
- $1,200 annually for books
- A monthly stipend for contracted cadets:
- $300 for freshmen
- $350 for sophomores
- $450 for juniors
- $500 for seniors
Additionally, Presbyterian College pays room and board for U.S. Army ROTC scholarship recipients.
Minimum requirements for scholarship applicants:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be under 30 years old at the time of commissioning.
- Score a 920 on the SAT (math/verbal) or a 19 on the ACT.
- Have a high school GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Meet height and weight standards.
- Be in good physical condition and able to pass a medical examination.
- Pass a Presidential Fitness Test.
- Interview with PC’s Professor of Military Science.
Obligations for scholarship recipients:
- Take one ROTC course per semester.
- Take one military history course during the four years of study.
- Pass a swim test.
- Participate in three physical training (PT) sessions weekly.
- Participate in one field training exercise (FTX) each semester, usually a Friday through Sunday at a nearby training site.
- Serve on active duty for four years, or serve in the Army Reserve or Army National Guard for six years.
The scholarship application window:
The scholarship application window is between February 1st of the junior year and January 10th of the senior year. The sooner applicants apply, the more opportunities for the Army’s national scholarship selection boards to review the application, and the greater the possibility for receiving a scholarship. Boards typically convene in October, December, and February.
Need additional information?
For more details or to schedule an interview with the Professor of Military Science, contact CPT Brian T. Pinson at 864.684.7714 or 864.833.8492 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact CPT Pinson to find out about other scholarship opportunities for ROTC cadets currently enrolled at PC who may apply for a three-year or two-year scholarship from Presbyterian College. The PC scholarships are based on merit, officership potential, and a qualified medical physical.
For additional information on how to apply for the U.S. Army ROTC Four-Year College Scholarship, go to www.armyrotc.com.