I hope you have already met the first year student featured in today’s “Freshman 15.” If you haven’t, meet John Turnbull, or JT, from Bristol, Tennessee. John played three sports in high school and sings in PC’s Men’s Choir. He’s athletic and has the ability to serenade you on command? Ladies, what more could you want?
1. What was your favorite vacation?
John: “Hiking with my family in Colorado last summer”
2. What is your favorite part of the human face? Why?
John: “Smile because you can tell how joyful someone is by their smile”
3. What is your favorite book?
John: “East of Eden”
4. What is the last thing you bought?
John: “Two cheesy gordita crunches, one beef baja gordita (which the Kentucky Fried Tacos messed up), a double decker taco, and a medium baja blast”
5. If all the people in the world were listening, what would you say?
John: “You can Dance if you want to.”
6. What’s a saying that you use a lot?
John: “Difficult (courtesy of Rebecca Settle)”
7. If you became president, what would be the first thing that you would change?
John: “I would try to promote national identity more.”
8. What is one thing that you never leave your dorm room without?
John: “Hopefully my wallet”
9. What are some of your nicknames?
John: “JT, Johnny T”
10. What song always makes you happy?
John: “Safety Dance”
11. What song best describes how you are in the morning?
John: “Damn it Feels Good to be a Gangster”
12. What is your favorite movie?
John: “The Shawshank Redemption”
13. If you could give one person one object as a gift, what would it be and who would receive it?
John: “I would give Nicholas Baer a batch of hot, freshly baked cookies.”
14. Have you ever been out of the country? Where did you go?
John: “Yes. Brazil”
15. What would be your perfect car?
John: “Jeep Wrangler or Toyota Tacoma”