I’m sure that one thing that most upperclassmen look forward to every Fall is meeting and welcoming the new freshmen to PC’s campus. Orientation coordinators, Hose Leaders, Honor Council members, and many other student leaders work hard to make sure that orientation is always a beneficial and fun time for PC’s newest students. However, here we are, several weeks into the school year, and many of us may still find ourselves wondering about the new faces we see around campus. Here at the BlueStocking we have a tradition that I began to love last year that helps us get to know some of these new students. Cleverly named “Freshman 15,” this tradition requires a freshman student to answer fifteen questions about him/herself.
Today I introduce to you Peter Heitman, a freshman from Greenville, South Carolina. Peter plans to major in Biology and minor in Business. When I asked his older brother, Andrew, who is a senior History major here at PC, to tell me something that the students of PC should know, he said that Peter was recognized as Wendy’s High School Heisman for Shannon Forest High School. Additionally, he made it to the state finalist stage in the same program. According to the program’s website, the award honors “top high school scholars, athletes, and citizens in the country,” so this is no small recognition. Here are some questions to get to know him, but if you see Peter around campus, introduce yourself, welcome him to PC, and get to know a great guy.
1. What was your favorite vacation?
Peter: “Family vacation to Cancun”
2. What time do you normally wake up on the weekends?
Peter: “It depends on how late I stay out, but normally between 8-10”
3. What is your favorite book?
Peter: “I can’t say that I’m much of a reader.”
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
5. What’s your favorite midnight snack?
Peter: “Oreos and Milk”
6. What is the last thing you bought?
Peter: “Earplugs because the people next door love to play loud music at one in the morning”
7. What do you miss most about High School?
Peter: “Not doing any work”
8. What is your favorite type of ice cream?
Peter: “Cookies and Cream”
9. What song best describes how you are in the morning?
Peter: “‘Tik Tok’ by Ke$ha”
10. What’s your favorite word or saying?
11. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
Peter: “My Silver Spiderman”
12. What is your favorite movie?
Peter: “The Shawshank Redemption”
13. Have you ever been out of the country? Where did you go?
Peter: “Yes, Ecuador, Mexico, Bermuda, Bahamas, Tanzania, Grand Caymans, Canada, Germany, and Costa Rica”
14. How many siblings do you have?
Peter: “I have one brother, Andrew Heitman, a senior at PC.”
15. What would be your perfect car?
Peter: “Volvo s40”