The oak trees, the statues, Dr. Heiser’s reminders to pursue excellence: it could only mean one thing. We’ve all come home to PC. While everyone is excited to be back, there is a not so unusual question lingering in the minds of many. Who do all these new faces belong to? Freshman 15 hopes to entertain your curiosity, 1 person and 15 questions at a time. Without further ado, I would like to introduce you to…
Name: Julianna Franklin
Hometown: Wilkesboro, NC
1. What is your favorite summer vacation memory?
The week-long mission trip to Mexico was the most memorable summer adventure.
2. Do you put on your left or right shoe first?
The right, I was always told to start off on the right foot.
3. Are you a coffee drinker?
I prefer Dr. Pepper for my caffeine fix.
4. What song always makes you feel better?
Free by Zac Brown Band
5. Are you a Mac or a PC?
PC all the way, every day
6. You see an unidentified creepy-crawly. What is your initial reaction and response?
“What bug? Oh, that stain on the bottom of my shoe?”
7. What chore do you dislike the most?
I hate washing dishes, something about using the same water and sponge to clean with doesn’t make sense to me.
8. What is your favorite zoo animal?
I’d have to say lions are always the ‘mane’ attraction.
9. What are you most excited for this week?
I’m most excited for the Tech Game!
10. It’s late. It’s the weekend. You’re hungry. Waffle House or McDonalds?
Who can resist the chocolate peanut butter waffles at the Waffle House? Not this girl!
11. What is your favorite board game?
Definitely Candyland, it’s so deliciously creative.
12. Do you wear a watch?
No, I lost it. Time is always running away from me
13. What is your favorite holiday why?
My room currently smells of cinnamon and apple cider thanks to Febreeze so I’d have to go with Christmas; it has the best smells, my grandmothers’ absolutely irresistible cooking, and the most family wrapped up in a singularly amazing celebration.
14. What do you consider to be the most useless class you took in high school?
Intro to Computers, Exel still gets the best of me.
15. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Brushy Mtn. Mudpie, a Wilkes County original.