Name: Sara Walden Hanna
Hometown: Leesville, South Carolina
1. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Anything with chocolate! I’m a huge chocoholic! I’ll add chocolate syrup to just about anything!
2. If you could relive any moment of your life, what would it be?
Giving a speech at my high school graduation and celebrating with my friends. It was such a rewarding and exciting time to share with my classmates. That feeling of relief and accomplishment is unparalleled. It was probably one of the happiest moments of life!
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people cut you off in a parking lot. That has happened to me all the time in really crowded parking lots! I’ll have my blinker on about to turn in and a car comes out of nowhere and takes it! I guess I’m not aggressive enough to get the spot first, but it really annoys me!
4. What one word would you use to describe your self?
Motivated—I have been given the wonderful opportunity to continue my education at PC; I am completely motivated and determined to get the most out of my time here.
5. What is your favorite line from a movie?
“Hakuna Matata!” The Lion King is one of my favorite movies! Whenever I’m stressed or worried I listen to the song “Hakuna Matata” and it always seems to make things better; it’s such a fun phrase and song!
6. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Anything chocolate! I’d probably gain 489 pounds, but it would be amazing to eat chocolate all the time! When I was little I used to beg my parents to give me chocolate after breakfast; I’d eat all of the Hershey’s Kisses out of the candy dish!
7. Where is the furthest away place you have traveled? Was it by far the best place you have ever traveled to?
The furthest place I’ve traveled is Budapest, Hungary. My family and I traveled to Eastern Europe a few years ago. We took a boat ride down the Danube River, saw Hungarian dances and shows, and viewed so much beautiful architecture. Hungarian cuisine was definitely interesting! I really enjoyed the culture; it’s always fun to compare cultural aspects of different countries. Hungary was absolutely one of my favorite places I’ve traveled.
8. What is your favorite zoo animal? Why?
I’m obsessed with the penguins! My friends and I went to the zoo over the summer and got to watch the penguins get fed. I think they’re so cute! They’re so friendly and lovable!
9. What is the last thing you purchased?
Cherry cough drops from CVS; I had a cold last week. I think the cherry flavored cough drops always make a cold a little bit better.
10. Are you more likely to hit the gym or the books?
Definitely the books! I desperately wish I had more time to work out! I try to hit the gym four or five times a week, but it doesn’t always work out that way. I see a whole lot more of the library than the gym, but I get so much work done there. The library is one of my favorite places at PC.
11. How many times does your phone usually ring before you answer it?
I usually like to answer pretty quickly so the person calling won’t have to wait. I’m always impatient when I’m calling people and they don’t pick up until ten rings later. I probably pick up by the third ring.
12. Do you squeeze your toothpaste from the bottom of the tube or the middle?
I honestly don’t think I have a particular pattern on how I squeeze my toothpaste. I’d say it’s a mixture of both the bottom and the middle.
13. What song in your music library has the highest play count?
I’ve listened to December 1963 (Oh What a Night), by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, 254 times. I love music from my parents’ generation, I guess because I grew up listening to it. I also love shag music; my dad taught me how to shag when I was ten years old. Music is a really big thing in my family. I love all types of music, though!
14. If you were trapped in a tv show for the next month, which show would you want it to be?
Definitely Gilmore Girls; I’m so obsessed with that show! I know it’s been off the air about six years now, but I still watch the episodes over and over again. I have all seven seasons and can quote almost every line! It has such witty and creative characters; the show is so realistic and fun!
15. Name one habit you have developed since the beginning of the semester.
I’ve gotten into the habit of sleeping with a fan on to drown out the noise from the hallway and floor above me. There is always so much noise, whether it’s from the train, the hallways, or people outside. The fan is a very peaceful way to avoid all that noise.