Hometown: Rock Hill, SC
1. What song always brightens your day?
It’s A Great Day to Be Alive by Travis Tritt. It reminds me how blessed I am.
2. Who inspires you?
My mom because she does everything for my sister and I, and never complains. She is constantly putting herself last.
3. What is your favorite holiday? Why?
Christmas, because it is such a happy season filled with Christ, family and friends. My mom decorates our entire house the day after Thanksgiving and doesn’t take the decorations down till New Years Day. Some of the best memories I have are from Christmas time.
4. Where is the furthest away place you have traveled? Was it by far the best place you’ve ever traveled to?
I went been to Canada to see Niagara Falls. It was so amazing. It is probably the best place I have ever been to as well.
5. What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
I went on a summer mission trip with my church to Tennessee. We went whitewater rafting on the day before we left. Our entire youth group jumped off a 25ft bridge. It was craziest thing I have ever done.
6. Do you think you were born to the wrong musical generation?
Definitely, I like music from the 50s and 60s. I really like Elvis and bands like The Temptations. It’s so light-hearted and upbeat, very different from the music we hear today.
7. Do you wear contacts or glasses?
Both. I’m super blind though, so I usually wear my contacts because I can see better with them.
8. If you could speak another language fluently, what would it be?
Russian, it would be most helpful in the career path I want to take.
9. What is your favorite book?
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald: it is hands down the greatest book I have ever read.
10. What would other people be surprised to know about you?
I have never flown on an airplane before and I have an irrational fear of flying.
11. Do you wear a watch?
12. What movie has the best soundtrack?
O, Brother Where Art Thou, not only is it the greatest movie ever produced, but also it has the greatest songs. The soundtrack is the epitome of the South in the 1920s and 1930s.
13. Have you ever met anyone famous? Who?
Does Senator Lindsey Graham count?
14. What is your favorite saying?
“Tough times don’t last; tough people do” because it’s so true.
15. How many times does your phone ring before you answer it?
I’m notorious for never answering my phone. I leave it on silent most of the time, so if I don’t answer, I may call you back.