Career Development & Student Success
Resources are available to help you find success in every step of your career pathway – from deciding on a major to landing that first full-time job.
Take advantage of these resources! If you have questions these resources don’t seem to address, set up time to meet with us one-on-one to explore your goals and the pathway to success.
Success in Exploring Majors and Careers
- Personality Assessments and Interest Inventories – please set an appointment for these resources by an email to email@example.com
- O*Net – Main O*Net Website; My Next Move exploration section
- “What Can I Do With this Major?”
- Personal Consultation – for additional tips and tools, set up an appointment with our Career Professionals (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Success in Finding Part-time or Summer Jobs
- Work-study opportunities
- Local tutoring opportunities
- Blue Hose CareerNet – online jobs board
- Resume assistance
- Recruitment Fairs: Summer jobs fair to be held January 2016
Success in Professional Development
- Job Search Workshops: Resume, Cover Letter, Interview Skills, etc. – listed on regular campus-wide announcements
- Mock Interviews available on request
- Personal consultations
- Professional Etiquette training
Success in Your Graduate School Search
- In-office resources for test-prep
- Graduate School Guides available for students in Career Library
- Collaborate with students to set up study groups as needed
- Application Review appointments
- Graduate School Fair each October
- October 27, 2016 – time and location tbd
Full-time Job Search
- Resume help
- Blue Hose CareerNet has a built-in resume builder
- Personal appointments available
- Recruitment Fairs:
- Fall Career Fair for pharmacy and related opportunities – October 14 – time TBA
- SCICU Consortium Career Connections, Columbia, SC – date TBA
- SCICU Consortium Teacher Fair – location and spring date TBA
- On-campus recruitment: watch for announcements for recruiters interviewing or holding information tables
- Link for Psychology major employer list
Workshops for Classes and Groups
Our staff is trained and available to provide specific workshops to your Student Organization, Residence Hall, or Class. Workshops topics include: resumes, social media, career wardrobe, interview tips, selecting a career path, work/life balance, professional development, personality assessments, job search skills, and more. Contact us to set up your topic-specific workshop.
Helping Students Help Themselves Preparing for a Fulfilling Career!
From your first year at PC to your last (and beyond), Career Development and Student Success will help you develop a career path that works for you. Our mission is to help you help yourself!
Summer Opportunities and Links:
- Santee Cooper Environmental Internship
- Asheville Youth Mission/Raleigh Youth Mission application
- US State Department Pathways internships
Congressman Jeff Duncan – asked for potential candidates to contact them through our office; email email@example.com for instructions
Student Announcements and Links:
Upcoming Recruitment and Career Development Events – Current Announcements
Search Jobs/Build a Resume now on the Blue Hose CareerNet:
Whether you are in your first year at PC or your last, the Career Development and Student Success staff will help you develop a personal career path. Through assessment, industry exploration, resume critique and more, we offer the resources you’ll need to make informed decisions about your future goals. We also help you to understand the link between your academic studies, your extracurricular involvement, and your professional development.
What does this mean to students and employers? Presbyterian College graduates are ahead of the curve in professional preparedness. The current desire to find T-shaped professionals means that liberal arts graduates are in high demand. We help students capitalize on depth of knowledge in key related areas while building inter-disciplinary skills in collaboration, leadership, and teamwork.
Visit our office: 2nd Floor, Springs Campus Center
Kim Lane, Associate Dean of Career Development and Student Success
Lynn Downie, Assistant Director
Contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org
*Information provided about an outside resource, program, employer, graduate school, etc. does not signify an endorsement of said information by Presbyterian College or the Career Development and Student Success.