Too many interests? Can’t decide which career path to pursue or undecided about your major? Or do you need simply need help reaching your goals?
What can you do to choose a major that you love? Here are a few steps you can take:
- Identify Interests: What subjects and ideas do you have a passion for?
- Explore Values: What are your values and how do they relate to your academic and career interests?
- Acknowledge Abilities: What are your strengths, skills, and ability? How can you challenge yourself?
- Know what is Required: Review the requirements for the major to see if it fits with your timeline.
- Research: Research career interests and their related majors.
- Talk to People: Talk to faculty, recent graduates, and professionals in the field.