Winter Break Closing Instructions
Please remember that all residents must depart from their residence hall, townhouse, or apartment 24 hours after their last exam, or by Saturday, December 14, 2013 by noon.
1. Complete the Winter Break Sign Out Sheet before departing for the Holidays.
2. Close and lock all doors and windows.
3. Remove all food items that could spoil from the room refrigerators and throw them away.
4. Remove all trash and place it in the dumpsters for pick up over the break.
5. Turn off the heat and turn off all lights.
6. Unplug all electronic items.
7. Pack for the entire break and take all of the items that you will need with you since all campus residences will be closed over the Holiday Break. **If your hall is being cleaned during the break, please be sure to pack everything up in your room in the boxes provided for your convenience.**
8. If you or anyone is leaving a car over the break, ensure that it is securely locked parked in lot across from Campus Police prior to departing for the Holidays.
9. Please be aware that individuals from Community Life and/or Campus Services will be checking all of the rooms after 12 pm on Saturday, December 14th.
**If you will be graduating in December, studying abroad in the spring semester, or changing your room assignment, please contact your Community Advisor immediately to make an appointment to check out of your room, townhouse, or apartment. You will need to complete the Room Condition Report as well as return your key prior to leaving for the break to avoid fines.**
The residence halls will reopen on Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 9:00 am.
Students should submit maintenance requests through “School Dude ®”. For emergency maintenance issues, please contact Campus Services at 864.833.8304 during regular business hours and Campus Police at 864.833.3949 after hours.
Laundry Maintenance Requests
Students should submit requests for maintenance on laundry machines to Mac-Gray.