Hello Fellow Blue Hose Women!
Congratulations on your decision to attend PC, and welcome to the PC family! One of the many ways to become involved on campus is to join the Greek community. If you decide to go through the recruitment process, you could potentially become affiliated with one of the largest student organizations on campus. Membership in a sorority can open doors to many great opportunities and experiences. We are honored to present the Greek community to you, and are here to assist you throughout the recruitment process.
The Panhellenic Executive Council
If you choose to participate in the recruitment process, a recruitment counselor, also known as a Pi Chi, will be assigned to you and a small group of other Potential New Members. Pi Chi’s are current members of the sororities on campus who temporarily disassociate from their chapters to help you find the perfect fit. These women are carefully selected and trained for their role as your listener, role model, fashion coordinator, confidant, and friend. Pi Chi’s are able to answer any questions and discuss all aspects of Greek life and campus life with an unbiased opinion. The Pi Chi’s will reveal their affiliation and rejoin their sisters on Bid Day. Please do not pressure the Pi Chi’s to reveal their affiliations before Bid Day. These women are here to help you!
Registering for Recruitment
It is important to remember that participation in any pre-recruitment event does not require you to participate in recruitment, and that going through the recruitment process does not require you to join a sorority. These events will simply allow you to get to know the women on campus and to better understand the Greek system at PC. Registration for Fall 2013 Recruitment will begin June 3rd. There is a $60 registration fee, which is non-refundable. Please know, registering for recruitment does not obligate you to go through recruitment.
A Sorority Recruitment Information Meeting will be on Sunday, August 25th at 3pm in Edmunds Hall.
Sorority Recruitment will be September 12th-15th.
Recommendations for Sorority Recruitment
Recommendations for Sorority Recruitment can be sent to the following addresses.
Alpha Delta Pi
Sigma Sigma Sigma
Zeta Tau Alpha
Potential New Member Bill of Rights
If you participate in recruitment, listed below are your rights as a potential new member. The Potential New Member Bill of Rights was established by the National Panhellenic Conference.
- The right to be treated as an individual
- The right to be fully informed about the recruitment process
- The right to ask questions and receive true and objective answers from recruitment counselors and members
- The right to be treated with respect
- The right to be treated as a capable and mature person without being patronized
- The right to ask how and why and receive straight answers
- The right to have and express opinions to recruitment counselors
- The right to have inviolable confidentiality when sharing information with recruitment counselors
- The right to make informed choices without undue pressure from others
- The right to be fully informed about the binding agreements implicit in the membership acceptance signing
- The right to make one’s own choice and decision and accept full responsibility for the results of that decision
- The right to have a positive, safe, and enriching recruitment and new member experience