August Orientation is a program designed for you and your parents or guests to spend a day-and-a-half on campus prior to moving in for classes in August. You will spend time:
- Meeting with new and current students in Orientation Groups
- Hearing about campus resources, opportunities, and academic offerings
- Stay in a residence hall
- HAVE FUN!
We love having parents and guests at Orientation because it gives us a chance to meet you. You will also get an opportunity to:
- Learn about services, resources, and opportunities for your student while they are at PC
- Understand how you can support and encourage your student
- Hear about academic requirements required for degree completion
- Meet other new PC parents and families as well as current students, faculty, and staff
Kaley Lindquist is the Assistant Director of Career Development and New Student Orientation. She can assist you with any questions or direct you to the correct office. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or (864) 833-8380 Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm.
We want to serve you as best we can. All new students attending Orientation will pay a New Student Orientation fee of $200 in their Fall bill. This includes three meals, students will stay in the residence halls, Orientation t-shirt for student, and all sessions and social activities. This also includes up to two guests. Guests will receive three meals and can attend sessions. Guests can find accommodations in link: Local Resources.
- Casual clothes, suitable for warm weather
- Completed health forms (can be found in: Requirements)
- Umbrella and jacket
- Photo ID (can be Driver’s License, Passport, etc.)
- Pen and Paper
- Sheets (XL Twin), pillow, blanket for bedding
- Towels, Toiletries
- Sunscreen and water bottle
- List of questions to ask faculty and staff
- BLUE PRIDE!
Blue Pride is everything you love about PC! From our school colors to “Blue Pride Friday” where the entire campus wears blue is our way of showing our Blue Pride.
Use the hashtag #2020HOSE and #BeABluehose while you’re here on campus! And make sure to keep updated on all the Campus Life events and activities going on by following @PCCampusLife!
Log into your Moodle account to take the Honor Code Test. If you do not remember your log-in, click on the “forgot your password?” link on the log-in home page.