Upperclass Move-In: Saturday, August 23, and Sunday, August 24: Noon to 5:00 p.m.
Resident Assistants will be available to provide you with a key to your room and check you in at the following locations, noon to 5:00 p.m.:
- Georgia residents relocated to the Quality Inn or Thornwell Campus – TBA
- Georgia residents relocated to Bailey, Laurens, Clinton, Alumni House, or the Patrick Suites – Spradley Hall classroom
- Smyth, Laurens, Bailey, Clinton, Belk, Spradley, Barron, Grotnes, CIH, Reynolds, Townhouses, MSU House, & Fraternity House residents – Spradley Hall classroom
- Scottish Arms residents – Apartment 5B
Please make plans to arrive during the above-stated times. PLEASE, do not plan to pick up a key from Campus Police or ask them to let you into your room should you arrive before or after the stated move-in times.
Upon arriving to campus, report to the appropriate location to check in with your RA first so that you can receive your key and have your room inventory sheet completed. All students must receive a key prior to moving into their rooms. Students who fail to pick up keys upon move-in will be fined $25.
- Only students approved for early arrival may move in prior to the above dates. Approval would be through a faculty or staff person who submitted students’ names to Residence Life for early arrival. Students who move in prior to the time they should move in will be fined $100 and asked to leave. Students providing them access to move in before approved time will also be fined.
APPROVED EARLY ARRIVALS: If you are with a group that has been approved for early arrival, you should receive information from the faculty/staff person who has submitted the request for approval for you regarding when you should return and where you should report to pick up your key. Please adhere to stated times for arrival so that someone will be available to get your key-especially if you are arriving on a weekend day or after 5:00 p.m. on a weekday. Please do not contact Campus Police to let you into your room. RAs will complete room inventory sheets for early arrivals once the RAs are on campus and on duty.
Please review the Residence Life Policies and the Code of Responsibilities prior to returning to campus. These policies are included in the 2014-2015 Garnet Book and will be available online by mid-August. Please note that the campus is designated as a “dry campus” until August 24. Students found in violation of this policy will be processed through our Code of Responsibilities process.
We are excited about your returning to campus. Please refer questions to the Residence Life Office.
Students should submit maintenance requests through “School Dude ®”. For emergency maintenance issues, please contact Campus Services at 864.833.8304 during regular business hours and Campus Police at 864.833.3949 after hours.
Laundry Maintenance Requests
Students should submit requests for maintenance on laundry machines to Mac-Gray.