PC’s 2012-2013 Scotsman Martin Pruitt explains,
The Blue Hose is more than just a Scottish warrior. He is a Scotsman.
This means that he is a Scottish Warrior Poet, courtly enough to dine with nobles, charming enough to turn the head of any lady, and fierce enough to turn the tail of any Englishman.
The Scotsman serves as the “face of the College,” and is responsible for encouraging and promoting Blue Pride everyday both on and off-campus. The Scotsman is a proud Blue Hose.
Criteria for the Scotsman include:
- must be an undergraduate student in good standing at Presbyterian College
- must have a 2.0 or above cumulative grade point average at the time of submitting the application and must maintain a 2.0 or above grade point average to continue in the position
- must be willing to participate in all pre-game and game day activities for every home football game as well as other events per request
- must be physically fit enough to run in front of the football team for 90 yards and climb a large boulder while wielding a sword
- must learn to wrap and wear the official Presbyterian College tartan as well as how to paint your face (this will be the uniform for the Scotsman; uniform and supplies related to all appearances will be provided)
- must assist in developing Presbyterian College traditions surrounding the Scotsman
- must maintain a positive sense of Blue Pride at all times
- $75/ home football game day participation
- $35 for other appearances (with prior approval through Campus Life or Athletics)
- Uniform and supplies related to appearances will be provided
Applications for the position of the Scotsman for the 2014-2015 academic year will be available Spring 2014.
For more information, please contact Ms. Harriett-Graham Courtney at 864.833.8554 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.