Up-to-date announcements of recruitment events, job openings, scholarship opportunities, and more. These include job announcements which may not include enough details for the Blue Hose CareerNet or may supplement information provided for a job announcement on our jobs board. For more details, contact Lynn Downie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current and Upcoming On-Campus Career Programs Events:
- Call-For-Resumes Deadline – December 5, 2015
- All seniors interested in applying for jobs through the SCICU Career Connections on January 26, 2015 must submit a resume to us by this date
- All juniors interested in applying for internships through the SCICU Career Connections must submit a resume to us by this date
- All resumes should be submitted to us in electronic format as a Word document so that we can proofread before submitting to the event
- A flash drive containing all resumes will be provided to each employer. You do not need to pre-submit a resume, but failing to do so will probably limit your likelihood of getting an interview that day.
- If you cannot attend, you MAY submit a resume. Simply let us know so that we can provide this information to the employers.
- On-Campus Recruitment – January 29, 2015
- Summer Jobs Fair/Internship Fair – 10:30 AM – 2:00 PM, Springs Student Center
- SCICU Teacher Recruitment Fair – Monday, April 27, 2015, Mabry-Smith-Yonce
- 10:00 am – 12:00 noon – Networking group A
- 1:00 – 3:00 pm – Networking group B
- Bring printed copies of your resume
- Pre-apply for SC positions at the CERRA website
- If you plan to seek academic credit for a spring 2015 internship, please contact Lynn Downie at email@example.com to discuss the process before you contact a prospective employer.
- Opportunities currently open and actively recruiting:
- Fastenal (national company; Laurens location recruiting) – Sales Trainee Internship (paid) – seeking someone available 15-20 hours a week. Could be registered for 3-4 credit hour internship. Could lead to full-time opportunities with this company after graduation.
- Jeff Dezen Public Relations, Greenville, SC – Marketing and Management training internships (paid) – Four hours on Monday/Wednesday/Friday (12 hour minimum) – details on their website – http://jdpr.com/internships.html
COMPETITIVE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMS (Including Spring and Summer 2015)
- Summer 2015, Santee Cooper Environmental Intern, open to SC residents attending college in SC – Information here – https://www.santeecooper.com/careers/programs-internships/environmental-intern-program.aspx
- Summer 2015 SC ETV internship – Applications are currently being accepted for this competitive program http://scetv.org/index.php/endowment/internships
- US Department of State Spring 2015 Internship – website
- White House Internships – deadlines and application process
Additional Upcoming Recruitment Events:
- SCICU Career Connections – Pre-submit your resume for best opportunity to be interviewed at the event!
OTHER (Resources, Articles, Jobs Boards)
- Equal Opportunity Employment Online Magazine
- Environmental Jobs : password available to PC students in Blue Hose CareerNet announcements section
- Current Jobs publications available to PC students and alumni in Blue Hose CareerNet announcements section (updated monthly)
- GA Department of Natural Resources job bulletins -http://dnrnet.dnr.state.ga.us/vacancy_announcement
Search Jobs/Build a Resume now on the Blue Hose CareerNet: