Special Announcement: Our office will be closed December 20, 2014 – January 1, 2015, reopening at 8:30 am on Friday, January 2, 2015. Please allow extra time for response during this period.
Up-to-date announcements of recruitment events, job openings, scholarship opportunities, and more. These include job announcements which may not include enough details for the Blue Hose CareerNet or may supplement information provided for a job announcement on our jobs board. For more details, contact Lynn Downie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current and Upcoming On-Campus Career Programs Events:
- SCICU Career Connections – January 26, 2015
- Participating students should contact our office for details on location,
- All seniors interested in applying for jobs through the SCICU Career Connections on January 26, 2015 may participate – those who pre-submitted resumes will have those resumes included in electronic distribution to employers before the event. The deadline to include your electronic resume has passed.
- All juniors interested in applying for internships through the SCICU Career Connections should contact us regarding participating employers
- All resumes should be pre-approved by our office and printed on high-quality resume paper. Resumee should be submitted to us in electronic format as a Word document so that we can proofread before printing. Deadline for proofreading these is Tuesday, January 20, 2015.
- If you cannot attend, but pre-submitted a resume, please notify our office so that we are aware in the case that an employer asks us about you.
- On-Campus Recruitment – January 29, 2015
- Summer Jobs Fair/Internship Fair – 10:30 AM – 2:00 PM, Springs Student Center
- SCICU Teacher Recruitment Fair – Monday, April 27, 2015, Mabry-Smith-Yonce – OPEN TO SCICU CURRENTLY ENROLLED CANDIDATES
- 10:00 am – 12:00 noon – Networking group A
- 1:00 – 3:00 pm – Networking group B
- Bring printed copies of your resume
- Pre-apply for SC positions at the CERRA website
ALL REGISTRATION PAPERWORK MUST BE PROCESSED BEFORE THE ADD/DROP DEADLINE TO HAVE INTERNSHIP COUNTED FOR ACADEMIC CREDIT
- If you plan to seek academic credit for a spring 2015 internship, please contact Lynn Downie at email@example.com to discuss the process before you contact a prospective employer.
- Opportunities currently open and actively recruiting:
- Fastenal (national company; Laurens location recruiting) – Sales Trainee Internship (paid) – seeking someone available 15-20 hours a week. Could be registered for 3-4 credit hour internship. Could lead to full-time opportunities with this company after graduation.
- Jeff Dezen Public Relations, Greenville, SC – Marketing and Management training internships (paid) – Four hours on Monday/Wednesday/Friday (12 hour minimum) – details on their website – http://jdpr.com/internships.html
COMPETITIVE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMS (Including Spring and Summer 2015)
- Summer 2015, Santee Cooper Environmental Intern, open to SC residents attending college in SC – Information here – https://www.santeecooper.com/careers/programs-internships/environmental-intern-program.aspx
- Summer 2015 SC ETV internship – Applications are currently being accepted for this competitive program http://scetv.org/index.php/endowment/internships
- US Department of State Spring 2015 Internship – website
- White House Internships – deadlines and application process
Additional Upcoming Recruitment Events:
- SCICU Career Connections – Pre-submit your resume for best opportunity to be interviewed at the event!
OTHER (Resources, Articles, Jobs Boards)
- Equal Opportunity Employment Online Magazine
- Environmental Jobs : password available to PC students in Blue Hose CareerNet announcements section
- Current Jobs publications available to PC students and alumni in Blue Hose CareerNet announcements section (updated monthly)
- GA Department of Natural Resources job bulletins -http://dnrnet.dnr.state.ga.us/vacancy_announcement
Search Jobs/Build a Resume now on the Blue Hose CareerNet: