August 1: deadline to identify preliminary placement details to earn academic credit for the FALL semester. NOTE: All healthcare internships must be set up before leaving campus for summer break.
December 1: deadline to identify preliminary placement details to earn academic credit for the SPRING semester. NOTE: All healthcare internships must be initiated with our office before Fall break.
- Registration Forms MUST be completed, signed by all parties, and turned in to the Office of Career Programs by NOON on Drop/Add day each semester.
Do you have the time?
- Depending on the internship, the time commitment is different
- Some employers only require 4 – 6 hours a week
- Many employers require 8 or more a week
- Review your class schedule and campus commitments. Identify the time you have to make your internship experience a productive one
Research Internship opportunities on the Blue Hose CareerNet
- Go to the Blue Hose CareerNet
- Follow application instructions on the posting to apply for the internship
- Most employers require students to be Juniors or Seniors, but Sophomore will be considered
- Contact Mrs. Lynn Downie (Email: email@example.com, Phone: 864-833-8381) with any questions
- If there isn’t an internship that meets your area of interest, you can work with Career Programs to develop an opportunity
- Students can recommend placements they have found on their own
A resume may be required to secure an internship placement. If so, develop or update your resume
- Go to the Blue Hose CareerNet
- Review the information and follow the directions
- The handouts section of this site has information to assist with content
- Make an appointment to meet with Career Programs to review resume development at any time
Determine if you want to receive academic credit for your Internship
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 required by PC. Academic departments, &/or employer may require a higher GPA
- In addition to working with the Coordinator of Career Programs, students will work with a faculty intern advisor.
- Students should ask a professor to be their intern advisor
- If for some reason the faculty member asked has other obligations, ask them to suggest someone
- Credit Hours:
- 42 – 83 hours of contact equals 1 credit hour
- 84 – 125 hours of contact equals 2 credit hours
- 126 + hours of contact equal 3 credit hours
- Stay in contact with Faculty Intern Advisor and Intern Coordinator
- Participate in the Internship Seminars
- Maintain log of hours and complete weekly journals
- Complete a summary Paper, or Project, or Presentation (Determined with Faculty Intern Advisor)
For the optimal experience, credit, complete Student Internship Registration Form by end of prior semester
- This form is both an initial syllabus for the student and the college and a registration form to log academic credit
- Secure form from Office of Career Programs during an Internship Information Session or individual appointment.
- Review with Coordinator of Career Programs and Faculty Intern Advisor for responsibilities and requirements
- Complete form. Secure appropriate signatures. Keep a copy and submit original to the Office of Career Programs, who will instruct you about transmitting the form to the Registrar’s Office.