Looking To Make A Difference?
Welcome to teacher education—a rewarding, challenging, and meaningful profession. Whether you plan to teach, attend graduate school, or use your knowledge and skills in other ways, our department is focused on helping you achieve your goals.
What Teacher Education Programs are available?
We offer five programs of study that are uniquely dedicated to your success in the education profession:
- Early Childhood Education (pre-kindergarten-3rd grade)
- Elementary Education (grades 2-6)
- Middle Level Education (grades 5-8)-Language Arts-Mathematics-Science-Social Studies
- Secondary Education (grades 9-12)-English-Mathematics-Biology-Social Studies
- Music Education (pre-kindergarten-12th grade)-Instrumental-Vocal/Choral
You will be taught by experts in their fields; faculty who are knowledgeable and passionate about the art and science of teaching as well as the content of their field. Most importantly, our faculty care about each of you, developing personal relationships and frequent interactions that start from the time we meet. Our mission is to help you become a leader in learning, an educator who makes a difference. Exceptional faculty, dedicated students, innovative curriculum, and small class sizes all lead to outstanding outcomes in the education department.
- Approximately 95% of PC educators remain in the teaching profession after 3 years as opposed to almost 50% of the teachers nationally who leave the profession.
- 92% of PC education majors graduate in 4 years; 100% graduate in 4.5 years.
- 84% of our graduates are employed as teachers upon graduation.
- High pass rate on national licensure examinations.
- Our graduates are employed in school districts throughout the United States.
- The Education Department has been identified as one of the top five departments on PC’s campus.