Careers in Education
PC’s Teacher Education Program prepares exceptional teachers, thinkers, and leaders. The majority of our graduates are employed in education immediately upon graduation. Most importantly, the quality of their preparation and satisfaction is demonstrated by the following:
- Approximately 95% of PC educators remain in the teaching profession after three years, as opposed to the almost 50% of teachers nationally who leave the profession.
- Employer survey data indicate a high degree of satisfaction in the abilities of PC teacher graduates and programs.
- Graduate and current student survey data also indicate a high degree of satisfaction in PC’s teacher education program preparation.
What careers are possible?
Our alumni teach and coach in rural, urban, and suburban areas throughout the nation. Others teach in foreign countries. Still others enter graduate school to pursue advanced degrees in areas such as special education, literacy, ESOL or their major field of study. In addition, PC education majors become school principals, district office administrators, and school board members.
Our education majors also pursue careers as:
- speech and language pathologists
- physical therapists
- college professors
- library media specialists
- social workers
- school counselors
- corporate trainers
- admission counselors