Ten Ways to Give

  • Cash – You can write a check payable to Presbyterian College; set up a monthly draft from your account to Presbyterian; transfer cash from your brokerage or from your trust account; wire funds from your bank to Presbyterian College.
  • Stocks /Bonds/Mutual Funds – Transfer investments directly to Presbyterian College; you can give stock certificates directly to Presbyterian College.
  • Real Estate – You can deed real estate – your home, vacation property, commercial real estate, farm land, and timber land – directly to Presbyterian College; you can deed real estate directly to Presbyterian College and retain a life interest in the real estate until your death.
  • Life Insurance – You can fund a life insurance policy naming Presbyterian College as beneficiary; you can give an existing policy to Presbyterian College; you can name Presbyterian College as beneficiary of an existing policy.
  • Art and Collectibles – You can give art and collectibles as well as other personal property to Presbyterian College during your life or at your death.
  • Charitable Remainder Trust – You can create a charitable trust using almost any type of asset, receive income during your life and make Presbyterian College the beneficiary of the trust at your death.
  • Charitable Lead Trust – You can create a charitable trust using almost any type of asset, Presbyterian College would receive income for a specified number of years; at the end of the time period, the assets would flow back to you or family members.
  • Charitable Gift Annuity – You can establish a gift annuity with Presbyterian College that would give you income for life with the remainder payable to Presbyterian College at your death.
  • Bequest under your estate plan – You could leave Presbyterian College a specified amount or a percentage of your estate for use by Presbyterian College as specified in your will.
  • Distribution from your IRA – You give name Presbyterian College as a beneficiary of your IRA; in 2009, you can make a withdrawal up to $100,000 from your IRA and have the payment directed to Presbyterian College.

*As with any financial decision, you should consult your CPA, Attorney and other financial advisors.

For more information, please contact:
Mandy Smith– Director of Advancement Services
Office: 864.833.8007 | mlsmith@presby.edu