Person in this position reports to the Senior Administrative Assistant to the Dean and is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy Office of Academic Affairs. All duties are performed under the direct supervision of the Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs with oversight by the Senior Administrative Assistant to the Dean. Duties shall be performed in concert with Presbyterian College’s mission as a church-related liberal arts college.
General Office Duties:
- General Administrative Support: Provide general administrative support to the Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs
- Receptionist Duties: Manage outer office, communicating and interacting effectively with visitors, students, faculty, and staff; serve as receptionist, answering telephones, greeting guests, etc.
- Communication with Students: Communicate with students to advise them of necessary requirements and related areas of the academic programs
- Student Workers: Monitor student workers, assigning duties as required
- Office Files: Establish and maintain files required by the office to include confidential reports, sensitive health information, etc., for students
- Calendars: Manage the calendar of the Assistant Dean, including scheduling appointments, scheduling meeting rooms, and receiving guests upon arrival; take initiative to alert the Assistant Dean if meetings are running over schedule
- Office Correspondence: Prepare office correspondence and reports, including typing, proofing, and in some cases, drafting as directed
- Office Supplies: Order and maintain office supplies
- Mail: Collect and distribute all mail and interoffice correspondence for the office; prepare periodic bulk mailings as required
- Office Equipment: Operate and maintain office equipment to include copier, scanner, fax, break room equipment, etc.
- Budget: Assist in the management of the office budget as requested; prepare budget-related forms for the office as required (Expenditure Approval Request, etc.); assist the Assistant Dean in managing credit card receipts and statements as requested; assist the Assistant Dean in managing and tracking the instructional supplies budgets for all courses
- Travel: Coordinate travel plans for the Assistant Dean as required, ensuring pre- and post-travel Travel-and-Entertainment forms are completed and submitted for approval/payment
- Meetings: Assist the Assistant Dean in preparing for office and committee meetings, scheduling meeting locations, sending out invitations to participants, attending meetings if required, and recording minutes as requested
- Building Maintenance: Coordinate maintenance issues with the building manager and/or campus services
- Events: Assist the Assistant Dean in preparations for office-sponsored events such as faculty orientation, Lunch-and-Learn, Deans’ Hour, faculty development seminars, etc.; assist in planning events related to the School of Pharmacy and the college (White Coat Ceremony, orientation, commencement, student recognition, etc.)
- Reports: Assist in the development of reports with the school’s accreditation process and the annual report as well as assessment and other reports
- Class Schedules/Descriptions: Assist the Assistant Dean in creating class schedules for the fall and spring semesters; coordinate with registrar’s office as needed to ensure schedules are submitted in a timely fashion; maintain the listing of courses and descriptions, coordinating with Assistant Dean, Curriculum Committee, and Office of Professional and Student Affairs as needed to publish the descriptions each year in the student handbook
- Academic Calendar: Coordinate the academic calendar with other pharmacy and college offices
- Honor Council Matters: provide support to Honor Council as needed
- Academic Accommodations: assist students in implementing academic accommodations due to learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, etc.; maintain files on the students receiving accommodations; provide general information regarding the program
- New Faculty Support: provide support services for new faculty
- Student Withdrawals & Leaves of Absence: assist Assistant Dean and students in completion of necessary paperwork; notify other campus departments and faculty of such actions
- Dean’s & President’s Lists: prepare and send cards for selected students at the end of each fall and spring semester
- Student Advisement: assist advisor for pre-pharmacy students enrolled in the PCSP Early Entry Program
- Computer Skills: Achieve and maintain competency in computer programs and databases required for the position (e.g., Microsoft Office, E*Value, Banner/BannerWeb, Digital Measures, Moodle/Blackboard, SchoolDude, etc.)
- Institutional Effectiveness: Assist Pharmacy School in institutional effectiveness measures including, but not limited to, annual goals and objectives, planning, and assessment
- Campus-Wide Coordination: Coordinate assignments with other offices within the School of Pharmacy and Presbyterian College as needed
- Initiative: Anticipate office work to be done and take the initiative to address it
- Perform other duties as assigned
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 professional references (names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email) to: Barbara Fayad, VP Human Resources, Presbyterian College, 503 South Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325. Or email same materials to firstname.lastname@example.org . The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.