DESCRIPTION: Provide high-level administrative support to the Executive Assistant in the President’s Office and to the President. Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the President’s Office and college.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Add and maintain all meetings, appointments (internal & external), conference calls, conferences, and travel to President’s and Executive Assistant’s calendars as requested by the Executive Assistant.
- Receive, open, date stamp and sort mail for the President’s Office. Prepare outgoing mail. Copies and distributes materials.
- Coordinate, prepare and maintain monthly birthday and anniversary cards and respective spreadsheet for President – internal & external.
- Maintain business related receipts. Process and submit all expenses for reimbursement for the President.
- Maintain college credit card receipts. Manage monthly credit card statement and coding online.
- Maintain and manage office supply inventory; anticipate needed supplies; place and expedite orders for supplies; verify receipt of supplies; approve and process invoices for payment.
- Provide administrative support to the President for the Board of Trustee’s meetings and respective Committee meetings:
- Establish and maintain trustee calendar for board meetings, committee meetings, monthly Administrative Committee conference calls and monthly updates to Trustees.
- Prepare and maintain minutes of board and committee meetings. Track and carry out board business that requires action.
- Order supplies for meeting books, assembling of meeting book, sending out information to Trustees, maintaining reservations (hotel and meeting rooms) for Board meetings, coordinates catering orders and confirmations, meeting room set up and AV requirements and confirmations.
- Responsible for maintaining Trustee membership roster and Trustee contact information, and additional duties as assigned.
- Performs all Board related responsibilities as required.
- Maintain up-to-date versions of official college documents such as the bylaws/charter. Work with College Attorney or other personnel to update/amend documents as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Assistant to the President for Matriculation and Opening Convocation programs, Student Orientation, Baccalaureate and Commencement.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Assistant to the President for Special Events – i.e., prepares materials such as invitations, guest lists, RVSP’s, name badges and additional duties as assigned.
- Represent the Executive Assistant by attending meetings in the Executive Assistant’s absence.
- Meet with Executive Assistant on a regular basis to ensure all tasks and responsibilities are being achieved.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
REPORTS TO: Executive Assistant to the President
- Work is performed independently on routine matters, non-routine issues or questions are referred to the supervisor.
- Work involves frequent interruptions and the need to handle multiple tasks
- Work involves meeting multiple deadlines
- Work hours require flexibility
SKILL REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma Required; Associate degree preferred
- 5+ years of professional support experience in an office environment. Three years of experience must be at the administrative level.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Experience in software, including word processing, spreadsheets and presentations required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Maintains strict confidentiality on all job-related matters
Send a letter of application, a resume and contact information for five professional references to: Barbara Fayad, Vice President of Human Resources, 503 South Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325 or email resume and reference information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.