Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy
The Assistant Professor for Laboratory Education will be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and delivery of laboratory-based courses with other faculty members in the school of pharmacy. This position will also be responsible for Pharmacist-In-Charge duties of the school’s Presbyterian College Community Care Pharmacy.
The Assistant Professor of Laboratory Education will:
- Assist in the development of educational and assessment materials for laboratories that support the mission of the school and reflect the CAPE Educational Outcomes and ACPE Standards of Accreditation.
- Teach within the laboratory sequence of biotechnology, community, hospital and compounding.
- Teach in other areas of specialty within the curriculum.
- Serve on committee(s) assigned by the Dean in consult with the Executive Committee.
- Serve as the Pharmacist-In-Charge (PIC) of the Presbyterian College Community Care Pharmacy. (Pharmacy is open 11 hours per week.)
- Be responsible for federal and state laws associated with standard pharmacy practice as PIC
- Supervise, develop and train other pharmacists, technicians and student pharmacists who serve in the pharmacy.
- Assure all PCSP policies are followed in the pharmacy.
The faculty member will report to the Chair of Pharmacy Practice.
BS in Pharmacy or Pharm.D degree
Three to five years’ experience in pharmacy education
South Carolina Pharmacy license in good standing
To apply: Submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, and names and contact information of three references to: Dr. Tiffaney Threatt, at email@example.com. Interviews will be held until the position is filled.