Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, installs, maintains and repairs building hardware, including but not limited to doors, windows, floors, and ceilings, adhering to accepted procedures and techniques of the carpenter trade. This position will also require minor roofing repair.
- Ability to perform detailed work adhering to Presbyterian College’s high standards.
- Install, maintain, and repair doors, door hardware, windows, window hardware, floors, walls, ceilings, partitions, office equipment/furniture, classroom fixtures/equipment, lab fixtures/equipment and athletic fixtures/equipment.
- Remodels existing structures per departmental request.
- Inspects work site to determine materials, equipment, tool requirements and methods to be used.
- Plans, layout, assembles and installs materials, equipment and fixtures as required by the scope of work.
- Responds to departmental request which include, but are not limited to securing office equipment, hanging pictures and installing shelves.
- Transport materials, tools, and equipment to the work site.
- Performs a variety of other skilled and unskilled tasks in support of the Campus Services department as needed.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Knowledge of Carpenter principles and their application to maintenance, installation and repair.
- Knowledge of residential, commercial or heavy construction trade techniques such as; concrete frame work, rough framing, exterior/interior trim work and case or fixture work.
- Skilled in the use and maintenance of hand and power tools and equipment.
- Skilled in the interpretation of blueprints.
- Ability to work overtime as required to complete a project.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Skills normally attributed to a Journeyman Carpenter who has completed a recognized apprenticeship or vocational program.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License
Physical effort required involving long periods of reaching overhead, stooping, bending and standing with routine discomfort from exposure to less-than-optimal temperatures and weather conditions; may be exposed to heights, electrical power and hazardous conditions; personal protective equipment and clothing may be required; may work weekends, evenings and holiday hours; travel between buildings on campus and to other campuses; lifting and carrying objects up to 50 lbs.
To apply, fill out PDF application and email to email@example.com. You may also send a resume and contact information for five professional references to: Barbara Fayad, Vice President of Human Resources, 503 South Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325 or email resume and reference information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.