Reporting to the Executive Director of Campus Services, the Facility Director manages the day-to-day operation of the department and all physical plant employees, including service, maintenance, grounds and housekeeping. Area supervisors report to the Facility Director. Working with supervisors, the Facility Director sets priorities for work in all divisions, assigns staff as needed, and assures efficient use of resources, and inspects work.
- Manages all aspects of day-to-day operations, including those detailed below.
- Screens requests for facility maintenance and enhancement; generates work orders as needed to address situations not reported by others.
- With area supervisors, reviews open work orders and schedules and prioritizes work; develops schedules for staff, including for on-call response to after-hour issues.
- Inspects work as needed.
- Approves overtime and periodically reviews time card procedures.
- With area supervisors, assures that vehicles, equipment and tools are assigned effectively, kept clean and in safe operating condition.
- Reviews and approves preventative maintenance and care schedules and assures appropriate records are maintained, including records of periodic inspections.
- Assures and oversees appropriate competitive bids for goods and services.
- Assures that appropriate inventory control policies are in place; periodically reviews parts usage.
- Oversees existing contracts and vendor relationships, including those related to supplies, pest control, utilities, facilities services and uniforms.
- Assists the Executive Director in major contract renewal and bidding.
- Makes recommendations to the Executive Director concerning capital improvement projects.
- Assists the Executive Director in departmental budget preparation.
- Assists the Executive Director in policy development and review.
- Assures regular safety and staff development training.
- Works with the Director of Campus Police to enforce safety and risk management procedures and precautions.
- Works with the Executive Director of Campus Services and the Director of Human Resources to hire, screen, train, evaluate and (if needed) dismiss Physical plant employees.
- Works with the Director of Residence Life to assure proper maintenance of the residence halls and (where needed) prompt assessment of damages.
- Works with the Athletic Director to assure maintenance of the playing fields and courts.
- Represents the Executive Director and department when so assigned or when Executive Director is unavailable.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Ability to perform a broad range of supervisory responsibilities, including direct supervision in the various buildings and across the grounds of the campus.
- Ability to support and work effectively with the Director.
- Knowledge of methods, practices and techniques used in physical plant operations.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with employees (including faculty and managers), students, contractors, vendors and the public.
- Ability to schedule housekeeping, grounds and shop personnel and operations.
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, ADA, and other applicable regulations.
- Knowledge of utility issues, including ability to understand rates, bills, and usage.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Five years experience in plant operations.
- Three years supervisory experience.
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license.
To apply, send a letter of interest, a resume and contact information for five professional references to: Barbara Fayad, Vice President of Human Resources, 503 South Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325 or email resume and reference information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.