Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the General Maintenance / Event Setup Laborer will perform setup for a myriad of campus events, move furniture, storage and delivery of tables, props and other setup duties as may be assigned. Additionally, he/she will be tasked with assisting maintenance personnel in the performance of general maintenance tasks including minor/major building repairs. This person will perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Ability to perform detailed work adhering to Presbyterian College’s high standards.
- Set up and move tables, chairs, props, furniture, etc. for all campus events, office transfers, meetings, and for other occasions.
- Transport furniture, props, and other materials required for set up.
- Ensure adherence to specific layouts and plans for special events.
- Ability to work nights and weekends for special events may be required.
- Perform basic (non-technical) building repair, renovation, and upkeep duties as assigned.
- Perform minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment. (Major repairs and others involving licensed trades are performed under the supervision of licensed maintenance workers).
- Replace broken windows; repair doors, door locks, closets, and install window blinds.
- Assist with the renovation/remodeling of buildings; repair plaster and drywall, paint interior and exterior of buildings.
- Performs a variety of other skilled and unskilled tasks in support of the Campus Services department as needed.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform manual labor and frequently lift objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to quickly adjust to changing priorities.
- Knowledgeable in the use of hand and power tools.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow basic written and oral instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percentage, and interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License.
- Physical effort required involving long periods of reaching overhead, stooping, bending and standing with routine discomfort from exposure to less-than-optimal temperatures and weather conditions.
- May be exposed to heights, electrical power and hazardous conditions; personal protective equipment and clothing may be required.
- May work weekends, evenings and holiday hours.
- Travel between buildings on campus and to other campuses.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 50 pounds or more.
To apply, fill out PDF application and email to email@example.com. You may also send a resume and contact information for five professional references to: Barbara Fayad, Vice President of Human Resources, 503 South Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325 or email resume and reference information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.