Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this person performs a variety of basic technical tasks related to electrical installation and repair. The Mechanical Trades Assistant will also be required to assist the HVAC and plumbing staff as needed.
- Monitors for lighting problems; replaces burned out bulbs and ballast in light fixtures as needed.
- Assists Electrician in the repair and installation of lighting fixtures and wiring on campus.
- Performs preventative maintenance on generators, fire alarms, emergency lights, elevators etc.
- Services electrical systems wiring, performs preventive maintenance on electrical equipment.
- Performs a variety of other skilled and unskilled tasks in support of the Campus Services department as needed.
- Ability to perform detailed work adhering to Presbyterian College’s high standards.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Knowledge of methods and tools used in electrical systems.
- Knowledge of electrical installations and repair.
- Knowledge of electrical safety procedures.
- Ability to work on-call rotation for nights and weekends as directed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Requires basic knowledge in a specific area typically obtained through training after high school and one year of electrical experience. Knowledge of methods, materials, calculation, and equipment common to electrical systems.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License.
- Associates Degree in either Electrical Engineering or HVAC.
- 3-5 years experience in Higher Education or Manufacturing.
- Physical effort required involving long periods of reaching overhead, stooping, bending and standing with routine discomfort from exposure to less-than-optimal temperatures and weather conditions.
- May be exposed to heights, electrical power and hazardous conditions; personal protective equipment and clothing may be required.
- May work weekends, evenings and holiday hours.
- Travel between buildings on campus and to other campuses.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 50 lbs.
To apply, fill out PDF application and email to email@example.com. You may also send a resume and contact information for five professional references to: Barbara Fayad, Vice President of Human Resources, 503 South Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325 or email resume and reference information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.