DESCRIPTION: Highly motivated, skilled Webmaster needed for fast-paced office charged with developing increasingly complex web presence. Responsibilities will be to manage the college pages to the latest Content Management System (CMS), as well as the generation and publication of new content to the college’s website. The Webmaster will work closely with academic and support units to identify needs and help generate, proof, and deploy content to support the college’s goals and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee and manage a WordPress Content Management System and facilitate end user ability to update the site. This includes creating, developing, and managing content for the college’s web presence.
• Work with IT in the maintenance of the technology back-end including back-up procedure management and security oversight.
• Execute new web development initiatives when needed, including site redesigns, new sub sites, and pages.
• Coordinate timelines and projects across a number of departments simultaneously.
• Help ensure accuracy of content as well as consistent look and tone throughout all web pages.
• Copy edit and proof all web content, ensuring that it is updated frequently.
• Help track and report progress, issues, and metrics.
• Help expand the university’s social media presence on all available platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Flickr, and YouTube.
• Train end users and improve their web presence and provide them with best practices on the web.
• Create graphics that tell the story of the college brand.
• Stay current with trends and emerging trends to recommend best practices of media and resources.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Communications & Marketing
• Work is performed independently on routine matters, non-routine issues or questions are referred to the supervisor.
• Work involves frequent interruptions and the need to handle multiple tasks
• Work involves meeting multiple deadlines
• Work hours require flexibility
SKILL REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION:
• Associate degree in MIS, Communications, Marketing or related field required; bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
• 5+ years of professional experience in online content management in academic, corporate, or news/publication setting; college or university experience preferred.
• Experience with servers and web security desired.
• Strong communication and organization skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and complete projects on established deadlines.
• Demonstrated knowledge of social media marketing best practices in a professional setting.
• Ability to read and write HTML code without the use of an HTML editor is preferred.
• Skills in analytics tracking software.
• Experience with Photoshop and Creative Suite is preferred.
Send a letter of application, a resume, five examples of web projects with an explanation of your role in each project, and contact information for five professional references to: Barbara Fayad, Vice President of Human Resources, 503 South Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325 or email resume and reference information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.