We will send a welcome packet to you via email before your arrival. Review the information before finalizing your flight arrangements. The OIP provides transportation only from Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) International Airport. Book your flight, and then complete and submit the PC Arrival Information Form to book transportation to campus.
Complete the Physical Exam and Immunization Record Form prior to arrival. Please submit this form during the first day of orientation or via email prior to arrival.
What to Bring:
• U.S. Banks often delay the payment of money that is transferred from foreign banks. It may take up to two months to cash a check or draft from a foreign bank. Banks also charge a separate fee for this service. Exchange foreign currency before coming to Clinton. Local banks provide this service, but the process can take two to three weeks. We suggest that you bring your money in the form of traveler’s checks for safety and convenience. We will assist you in opening a bank account soon after you arrive. If you need more money from your home country, it can be wired directly to your bank here.
• Medical Prescriptions: Bring at least one month’s supply if you take any medicines on a regular basis. Have your pharmacist label them clearly for customs inspections.
• Bedding: Sheets, blankets, and pillows are not available in the residence halls or apartments. You must provide them yourself. You can purchase them here as well.
• Clothes: Clinton is very hot and humid in the summer and can be cold and rainy in the winter. You should pack a variety of clothes accordingly. Most students dress informally (jeans, polos, rugby shirts, and t-shirts for men; jeans, skirts, and blouses or t-shirts for women), but you may want to bring at least one formal outfit for parties, going out, or giving presentations in class.
• Toiletries: You can find replacements for most personal items (toothpaste, shampoo, soap, etc.) in Clinton.
See more useful information in the International Student Handbook.
Note: This is not an exclusive list.