Students considering attendance at Presbyterian College are eligible to audition for a music scholarship.
The size of each music scholarship depends on a variety of factors including:
- Demonstrated musical aptitude;
- Interest in participating;
- Other financial aid; and,
- Having completed and submitted a scholarship application with attached video or audio audition OR performing an audition on-campus.
The single most important factor for full consideration for a music scholarship is early submission (Fall 2014) of the application.
Scholarship applications/auditions submitted in September, October, November, and December will ensure full consideration. A January audition date has been scheduled, but this date is reserved for December/January applicants.
To begin your written and video/audio application for a PC Department of Music scholarship in any musical area, you MUST start here: APPLY FOR MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP HERE
If you need help with any aspect of the application, need to ask questions, or schedule an on-campus audition, please do not hesitate to contact the Department of Music Offices, Belk Auditorium, 864.833.8470, or EMAIL US!
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2014 - Department of Music Open House – afternoon sessions and auditions, evening dinner, and tickets to the Christmas at PC performance.
JANUARY ON-CAMPUS AUDITION DAY
- MONDAY, JANUARY 19, 2014 - Department of Music Open House - Martin Luther King National Holiday - morning and afternoon sessions and auditions.
ON-CAMPUS AUDITIONS BY APPOINTMENT
- Must be scheduled through the Department of Music Offices - 864.833.8470, or email.
To begin your PC music scholarship application, simply click on the link APPLY FOR MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP HERE. You must create an account. Then, you will be taken to a “landing page” that offers some explanation for the completion of the application. After that, simply click on the link to begin and follow the directions. You do not have to complete the scholarship application the first time you log in. You can save your application and complete it at a later date. However, you must complete and submit the application for scholarship consideration.
You will need the following:
- All your personal contact information;
- High school and/or church music information (and you enter the names of your directors).
And you will asked to upload one or more of the following:
- A recording of yourself performing on your instrument or voice (required)
- A resumé or list of musical accomplishments or involvements (recommended, but not required)
- Ask your high school or church music directors, parents, or other musical advisers for assistance
- A list of recommendations for each instrument or voice can be accessed here: MusicScholarshipInformation2014
- Start the recording by stating your name, your home town – and what you will be performing
- You can record with any capable device (cameras, phones, etc.) and upload it in almost any format
- A photograph (not required)
- A reference letter (highly recommended, but not required) – from anyone that can speak to your musical ability, interest in music, and character