Keep your items safe and secure on campus by following these ten tips!
Before you arrive on campus:
1. Before leaving home, make sure that you have read all the information and returned all the forms listed on the Orientation Checklist.
2. Please be sure to take care of your college fees prior to your arrival for orientation.
When you arrive on campus for the first day of orientation:
All new students and families, please go to the Springs Campus Center (http://www.presby.edu/map/) to obtain orientation materials.
Have your ID picture made at Springs Campus Center. ID cards provide access to residence halls, library book checkout, the dining hall, and athletic events. There is no charge for the original card; however, there is a $15.00 charge for replacements. Note that all students are required to have student ID’s to gain access to campus facilities, residence halls, and the dining hall.
We understand you may have quite a few items to bring with you to campus. So, we have created an early drop-off time (date and time TBD). Please note: early drop-off time is simply just that: early drop off; this is not early room set-up, or early move-in. Don’t worry, you will have plenty of time to do all that. If you can’t make it to early drop-off, no problem! You can move in all of your items on the first day of orientation.
If you are planning to participate in early drop off, check out the local accommodations (http://www.sciway.net/hotels/clinton.html) for places to stay in the Clinton area.
After you drop off your items in your residence hall room, come by the Springs Campus Center and get your student ID made. Get your ID card made before everyone else!!
What to Bring for Your Room:
- bed linen (including blankets for cold weather)
- personal items according to taste (desk lamp, rug, alarm clock, stereo, etc.)
Your room is air conditioned and equipped with the following furnishings for each resident:
- 1 standard twin bed
- 1 standard twin mattress (except Georgia and Bailey Halls, where the mattresses are extra-long)
- 1 chest of drawers
- 1 desk
- 1 chair
- closet space
Please do not bring additional items of furniture until after you have seen your room.