Andrew Hane: Not Perfect but Loved by One Who Is › Andrew Hane: Not Perfect but Loved by One Who Is

Posted in: Bluefish Blog | October 15, 2013

Andrew Hane for Bluefish blog

Hey PC! I’m Andrew Hane, and if you don’t know me I’m a junior math and religion major, really clumsy, a bit of an outdoorsman, and fixing stuff and studying are some of my favorite things to do. Yeah, I know I’m weird.

This is my third year on our Bluefish student ministry team, and it has been an awesome opportunity. As a Bluefish I’m available to the guys on my hall and anyone on campus who wants to hang out, talk about anything going on in their lives, ask me pray for something or pray with them, or study the Bible to see what it says about questions they have. I’m not a shrink, but I love to listen, pray, and help point people to what the Bible says.

I have a disclaimer though: I’m not perfect. During the last couple years as a Bluefish, I have continued to see more and more my own failings, my inability to provide any help to hurting people on my own, the importance of depending solely on God and yet the ways in which I fail to trust Him.

I’ve also seen the beauty of grace, and as it is written in Romans 5, “For while we were still helpless, at the appointed moment, Christ died for the ungodly…But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us!” Jesus came into a world that was lost, dark, sinful, and hopeless, which rejected and killed Him, to heal and reconcile through His sacrifice. For all of us who are helpless and sinful, who are distressed by the destructive power of illness and death, who are broken by our own sin or bear painful wounds inflicted by others, what a message of hope this is! This truth I’m learning through everything I go through: I’m not perfect, but I’m loved by one who is.

‹ Back to Andrew Hane: Not Perfect but Loved by One Who Is