The spring concert season begins in earnest at Presbyterian College during the next several weeks. Recitals by senior music majors and end-of-the-year concerts by PC’s outstanding ensembles will fill the calendar throughout the end of March and into late April.
“Following a truly successful year, most of our ensembles will be ending the academic term with their finest performances, said Dr. Porter Stokes, chair of the Department of Music.
All of the concerts are open to the public and there is no admission fee. The following performances are currently scheduled:
- Thursday, March 27, 7:30 p.m., Laura Blanco, Senior Capstone Presentation, Edmunds Hall.
- Saturday, March 29, 3:00 p.m., Fleury Studio Recital, Edmunds Hall.
- Monday, March 31, 7:30 p.m., PC Choir, Spring Concert, Edmunds Hall.
- Thursday, April 3, 7:30 p.m., Cantare!, Spring Concert from PC’s Men’s Choir, Edmunds Hall.
- Monday, April 7, 7:30 p.m., Bella Voce, Spring Concert from PC’s Women’s Choir, Edmunds Hall.
- Tuesday, April 8, 7:30 p.m., Chamber Orchestra, Spring Concert, Edmunds Hall.
- Thursday, April 10, 7:30 p.m., Wind Ensemble, Spring Concert, Belk Auditorium.
- Monday, April 14, 7:30 p.m., Ringers, Spring Concert By PC’s Premier Bell Ensemble, Edmunds Hall.
- Tuesday, April 15, 7:30 p.m., Jazz Belk Auditoriumn, Spring Concert, Belk Auditorium.
- Tuesday, April 22, 7:30 p.m., Chamber Music Recital, Edmunds Hall.
- Wednesday, April 23, 7:30 p.m., Denera James, Senior Music Capstone Presentation, Edmunds Hall.
- Thursday, April 24, 2:30 p.m., 2014 Honors Recital, Edmunds Hall.
Founded in 1880, Presbyterian College is a Carnegie One liberal arts college and is fully accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The institution confers B.A. and B.S. degrees in 32 courses of study, including music, and nine pre-professional programs including pre-law, pre-med, pre-pharmacy and pre-theological.
In May, the college’s School of Pharmacy will graduate its first class earning the Doctor of Pharmacy degree. For more information about Presbyterian College, visit www.presby.edu.