This I Believe

This I Believe

THis I BelieveThis I Believe (TIB) is a discussion series hosted by the Office of Religious Life and the Multicultural Affairs Committee that invites people from the PC community to share a bit about what they believe.  Based on the NPR series of the same name, This I Believe asks speakers to share something that is at the essence of their daily life philosophy.  Afterwards students reflect on what they have heard, ask questions and discuss what resonates with their own beliefs.  Three professors have shared so far, Dr. Suzie Smith, Dr. Emily Taylor and Dr. Jim Thompson.  Our next speaker is Larry Mulhall, Director of Campus Police.

This I Believe is a good opportunity for students to get to know PC professors and staff outside of the classroom. Many of the beliefs that have been shared have given those who attended an inside view of the person who lectures to them every week. It is also a good way to start an open dialogue about something so personal without feeling judged. TIB reflects that while PC is affiliated with the Presbyterian Church, there are a wide variety of beliefs systems. This discussion opened up another avenue for relationships between faculty, staff and the student body and a safe place for students to reflect on their beliefs.