Miss Laurens County is a PC Student Janie Davis

For the second year in a row, a PC student lays claim to the title of Miss Laurens County. Janie Davis, a senior Theatre Major, took the crown and will go on to compete for Miss South Carolina.

However, this is not Janie’s first rodeo. She has been competing in local and statewide pageants since the age of 13. Two years ago, Janie represented the Greater Irmo area in the Miss South Carolina pageant and finished in the Top 15.

For Janie, competing in pageants is a chance for her to influence and inspire others. Her platform as a contestant is called “The Power of YOU!” which promotes positive self-esteem and image in youth. Janie says, “there is a desperate need for children, teenagers, and young adults to realize their potential and the power of being themselves.”

She said, “Within my platform I focus on the three R’s: Reliance on Faith, Reflection of who we see in the mirror, and Relationships emphasizing the importance of surrounding ourselves with positive and encouraging people.”

A native of Irmo, Janie came to PC after both falling in love with the campus and knowing that she could pursue her love of theatre and acting. Besides actively participating in theatre productions, Janie serves on the cheerleading team and is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority.

Because of study abroad opportunities at PC, Janie participated in the Disney College Program for a semester and she worked as an Entertainment Cast Member.

“The Disney College Program was one of the greatest experiences I’ve ever had,” said Janie, “I had an amazing opportunity to learn and I even got to perform in the Disney Christmas Parade. I will truly treasure those memories for the rest of my life.”

So, what’s next for Janie? In the short term, she will serve the local community through her role as Miss Laurens County. When she graduates, she will coach Dutch Fork Middle School C-Team Cheerleading for a year while exploring other options such as auditioning for Walt Disney World and competing for the title of Miss South Carolina. In the long term, she plans to join the United States Air Force and serve our nation.

“It is my hope and my goal as Miss Laurens County, Miss South Carolina, and ultimately Miss America to influence, encourage, and inspire,” said Janie.