Assistant Director of Admissions Operations / CRM Specialist
Location: Clinton, South Carolina
Job Description Summary:
The Assistant Director of Admissions Operations is an integral part of the Enrollment Management team contributing to data integrity and prospective student recruitment. This position assists the Executive Director of Admissions with all tasks related to the CRM (Slate) database, especially data uploads and data quality control. This position will serve to coordinate, manage, and act as the power-user for the technology used for recruitment within the Admission Office. The functions of the role include CRM (Slate) development, automation, report writing, query building, import creation, training, troubleshooting, and maintenance of systems/platforms. The secondary responsibility is to manage the flow of data between the student information system (Banner) and the customer relationship management (Slate) platforms and act as a liaison between enrollment, marketing, IT, and other offices as needed for requests concerning server and software maintenance as related to Slate or other enrollment technologies. Must be able to think critically and creatively about how the Slate platform can be used to increase efficiencies and provide a more holistic experience to students, parents, and counselors to achieve enrollment goals, and be adaptable, growth-minded, and able to work with a diverse team of individuals with varying technological knowledge.
- Manage processes for data importing, data integrity, application management, project management, and quality control.
- Provide tech and Slate support for current staff, as well as on-boarding and off-boarding employees.
- Work with the office to ensure that all technologies are up to date and meeting the needs of modern enrollment and recruitment tactics.
- Plan for and lead the implementation of all new Slate components that position the college to stay up to date with recruitment and maximize the utilization of Slate.
- Serve as the Banner module manager for the Admission Office.
- Create and upkeep queries and reports used by staff that support the daily functions of the Admission Office and provide for weekly, monthly, and annual benchmarking.
- Extract data as needed for reports and research by leadership within the Admission Office as well as other areas of the college.
- Create and manage Slate communication campaigns, mailers, interactions, workflows, and related Slate properties to achieve enrollment goals.
- Create import processes for data from 3rd party sources as well as information coming and going from the data warehouse.
- Train staff on the uses and updates of Slate and develop training materials as needed.
- Create manuals to document policies and procedures.
- Act as a resource for all PC staff when dealing with Slate issues and correcting problems.
- Perform and assign data clean-up and other tasks that keep Slate running effectively and provide the data necessary for recruitment and reporting on a weekly basis.
- Become an “expert” on all admission processes to better understand the needs of the office and college concerning reports, communication flows, and historical data.
- Collaborate with departmental leaders in decisions on best practices for including prospective student data and adherence to best reporting practices and logical coding and storage for the most efficient use by the admissions office, President's Cabinet and other departments.
- Perform technology initiatives and oversight as needed.
- Clearly articulate your choices and understanding of projects when presenting your work to colleagues. Take direction and criticism well and play a positive role in fostering a collaborative team environment. Be a “problem solver” and take the initiative to identify what's not working and provide recommendations to advance the office.
- Must possess a willingness and ability to work and succeed outside of a conventional work week, which may include weekend and evening hours
- Supervises the Admissions Operations Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three years of progressive experience in a fast-past environment, preferably in higher education and college admissions
- Computer knowledge (Slate CRM, MS Visio, MS Word, and MS Excel).
- Positive / can-do attitude
- Ability to learn how to utilize and maximize recruitment software
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated analytical skills and an understanding of the importance of how data is used to make decisions
- Strong work ethic and creative initiative
- Adept at following and adapting to ever-changing procedures and processes
- Must possess a willingness and ability to work and succeed outside of a conventional work week
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
Send a cover letter, résumé, and list of three references, including contact information, to Presbyterian College Office of Human Resources, 503 S. Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325, or email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class, any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. PC is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.