Assistant or Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Presbyterian College – Pharmacy
Location: Clinton, South Carolina
Job Description Summary:
Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy (PCSP) is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time, non-tenure-track faculty position in Pharmacy Practice. The search will continue until the position is filled.
The successful candidate will join the School of Pharmacy as an Assistant or Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice. The faculty member will possess a PharmD degree and successfully complete a PGY1 or PGY2 accredited residency program preferred.
The assistant or associate professor of pharmacy practice will:
- Teach areas within the pharmacotherapeutics courses, such as cardiovascular, endocrine/reproduction, gastrointestinal, hematology/oncology, musculoskeletal, and respiratory
- Teach in other areas with the curriculum, including clinical assessment and skills labs
- Develop a program of scholarship
- Serve as an active member of committees assigned by the Executive Committee
- Serve as clinical pharmacist either at an outpatient clinic or inpatient acute care facility for 2 days per week in specialty area
- Understand principles of culturally relevant teaching and champion diversity
- Precept students on advanced pharmacy practice experiences
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills are required
- Commitment to teaching excellence and encouragement of student engagement in the learning process is expected
This position reports to the Chair of Pharmacy Practice. Candidates must be eligible for pharmacist licensure in the state of South Carolina and will be expected to be licensed in the state within two years of hire.
PCSP’s mission is to provide a quality education that delivers optimal team-based patient care, fosters leadership, and creates a service culture. The School has been recognized for making a significant impact in our community, and our faculty and students strive to live by PC’s motto: “While we live, we serve.” PCSP’s campus in Clinton, South Carolina, is located forty-five minutes south of Greenville/Spartanburg, one hour north of Columbia, and three hours from Charleston; the College offers a competitive benefits package including options for health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
The review of applications begins on August 15 and continues until the position is filled. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience. To apply, send via e-mail a letter of intent that includes a statement of contributions to diversity, curriculum vitae, and contact information of three references, preferably from current or former supervisors to:
Erika E. Tillery, PharmD, BCPP, BCGP, FASCP
Professor & Chair
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy
Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class, any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. PC is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.