Assistant or Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy is seeking qualified individuals for a full-time, non-tenure-track faculty position in Pharmacy Practice. The School is seeking an internal medicine specialist to practice at either an inpatient, acute care location, or an outpatient primary care clinic. Search for appropriate candidates will continue until the position is filled.
The successful candidate will join the School of Pharmacy as an Assistant or Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice. The faculty member will possess a PharmD degree with successful completion of a PGY1 or PGY2 accredited residency program, or equivalent experience. The position will report to the Chair of the Department of Pharmacy Practice. Candidates must be eligible for pharmacist licensure in the state of South Carolina.
The assistant or associate professor of pharmacy practice will:
- Assist in the development of educational materials for laboratories and didactic courses that support the mission of the school and reflect the CAPE Guidelines and ACPE standards of accreditation.
- Teach areas of internal medicine within the pharmacotherapeutics courses such as hematology/oncology, gastrointestinal, and endocrine/reproduction
- Teach in other areas with the curriculum
- Develop a program of scholarship
- Serve as an active member of committees assigned by the Executive Committee
- Serve as clinical pharmacist either at an outpatient clinic or inpatient acute care facility for a minimum of 2 days per week in specialty area
- Precept students on advanced pharmacy practice experiences
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and team building skills are required
- Commitment to teach excellence and encouragement of student engagement in the learning process is expected
The Mission of the School of Pharmacy is to provide a quality education that enables delivery of optimal team–based patient care, foster leadership, and creates a culture of service. Our core values include quality education, commitment to scholarship, integrity, and teamwork. The school has been recognized for making a significant impact in our community, and our faculty and students strive to live by our motto: “While we live, we serve.” The campus in Clinton, South Carolina is located forty-five minutes south of Greenville or Spartanburg, city minutes north of Columbia, and three hours from Charleston, The College offers a competitive benefits package including options for health, dental, vision and life insurance.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience. To apply for the position, send via e-mail a letter o intent, curriculum vita, and contact information of three references, preferably from current or former supervisors to:
Mrs. Melissa Rhodes
Administrative Assistant, Department of Pharmacy Practice
Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy
Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.