Chief Marketing and Communications Officer
The Chief Marketing and Communications Officer reports to the President and works closely with the Cabinet leadership to develop an outcome-based marketing and communications plan for the College. Key areas of focus for this integrated plan include Academic Affairs, Advancement, Athletics, Enrollment Services, Finance & Administration, and Student Affairs. S/he is responsible for the external and internal representation of the College and its mission and constituencies, which include: alumni, students, prospective students and families, faculty, staff, key policy makers, and our community.
- Responsible for integration of all college communication vehicles and strategies (social media, print, online, media relations, content marketing) to ensure accurate, timely, and consistent information across PC’s spectrum of communications. Supports the achievement of key strategic goals while generating gainful media coverage.
- Supports the College’s branding initiatives, resulting in a College-wide integrated branding and marketing strategy. Consults and coordinates with appropriate campus partners to develop, implement, and evaluate supporting action plans.
- Serves as one of the spokespeople and as a liaison for the College with media representatives.
- Cultivates strong relationships with the media and, with due discretion, manages the timely, strategic release of information.
- Attracts, leads, evaluates, develops, and retains a staff of talented professionals engaged in all areas of strategic communications and marketing.
- Follows communication and marketing trends, stays abreast of new technologies, and oversees the implementation of these innovative mechanisms and/or the modification of existing practices.
- Supports the updating of the college’s web presence.
- Develops and administers a comprehensive communications plan for internal/external use, including 24/7 crisis/emergency communications and response.
- Assists in the preparation of materials related to events and communications associated with fundraising efforts, strategic public relations projects, and special events.
- Identifies and implements best practices for outreach strategies through College data analysis and market research.
- Approves strategic content and design of all College promotional publications, news releases, and periodicals prepared for external and internal constituents.
- Creates and administers the budgets for the College’s marketing and communications programs.
- Supervises relationships with external contractors and oversees project bidding related to strategic communications and marketing.
- Helps to ensure a system of robust and transparent campus communications and information sharing.
- Approves proper usage of the College’s graphic identity and monitors such usage by all departments.
- Supports project management efforts including the development and management of a comprehensive strategic communication schedule.
- Develops and maintains operational policies and procedures.
- Serves on College committees as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
# of Direct Reports: 5
- Experience and expertise in marketing, media relations, public affairs, crisis communications, issues management, social media and public relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or another relevant field.
- Minimum of ten years of progressive marketing/communications experience.
- 5+ years of managerial experience.
- An understanding of the higher education sector and context.
- Ability to manage multiple complex priorities within demanding timeframes.
- Demonstrated problem-solver and strategic planner.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication abilities.
- Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Presbyterian College.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with diverse colleagues.
- Extraordinary oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Master’s degree.
- Previous experience working in a higher education or non-profit environment.
- Commitment to increasing participation of a diverse student body.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Serves in an “on call” response capacity for media inquiries and crisis communication planning.
- Evening and weekend hours may be required for events and peak work times.
Send a cover letter, résumé and list of three references including contact information to Presbyterian College Office of Human Resources, 503 S. Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325 or email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.