Electronic Resources and Systems Librarian
Presbyterian College seeks an enthusiastic and experienced librarian to manage electronic resources, oversee electronic services, and administer the shared library services platform (SLSP). This is a full-time administrative exempt position of 37.5 hours per week reporting to the Library Director, with a regular schedule of Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Occasional travel and non-business hours may be required.
- Administer all aspects of the shared library services platform [Alma/Primo], serving as first point of contact with PASCAL [Partnership Among South Carolina Academic Libraries].
- Maintain user access to databases, online collections, and other electronic resources.
- Manage the operation and integration of electronic services, such as BrowZine and OpenAthens.
- Provide technical support for, and resolve problems with, the library’s electronic resources and services.
- Partner with Instruction and Reference Librarians to optimize electronic resource accessibility and troubleshoot related technical issues.
- Regularly collect and compile statistics used in the evaluation of electronic resources and services.
- Investigate and, in consultation with the Library Director, implement additional functionality and enhancements to the library’s electronic resources, services, or SLSP.
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and other types of documentation pertaining to library systems and electronic resources as needed.
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of and direct experience managing integrated library systems; Alma/Primo and OpenAthens preferred.
- Thorough understanding of electronic resource management.
- Strong service commitment, as well as excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, work both independently and collaboratively, handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Commitment to fostering a diverse educational environment and workplace.
- Two years or more of directly related academic library experience preferred.
Presbyterian College (PC) is a four-year undergraduate liberal-arts college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church USA. The college supports academic freedom and encourages community involvement. Located in Clinton, South Carolina, PC is approximately forty minutes from Greenville/Spartanburg, South Carolina and about one hour from Columbia, South Carolina. The region offers abundant opportunity for social and recreational activities, including a thriving main street in Greenville, performing arts centers in Greenville/Spartanburg, outstanding hiking and trail biking, numerous lakes for boating, and easy access to Charlotte and Asheville, North Carolina, and the stunning beaches of the Carolinas.
Applicants should email (1) A letter of application, (2) a current resume or CV, , and (3) contact information for three professional references to the Office of Human Resources (email@example.com). Please include “Electronic Resources and Systems Librarian” in the subject line. Assured consideration will be provided for all applications received by May 14, 2021. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled, with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2021.
Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.