Coordinator of Electronic Resources
Presbyterian College seeks an enthusiastic and disciplined librarian to facilitate use of electronic information resources and administer the PASCAL (Partnership Among South Carolina Academic Libraries) shared library services platform (SLSP). This is a full-time administrative exempt position of 37.5 hours per week reporting to the Library Director, with a regular schedule of Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Our preferred start date is February 1, 2021.
- Administer all aspects of the PASCAL shared library services platform (SLSP), serving as first point of contact for its implementation and operation.
- Administer access to databases, journal collections, and other electronic resources.
- Manage electronic services, such as Browzine and EZproxy.
- Provide technical support for, and resolve problems with, electronic resources and services.
- Provide training and information to library staff to facilitate optimal use of electronic resources and services, as well as the SLSP.
- Run reports and compile statistics for the library’s electronic resources and services annually and by request.
- Investigate and, in consultation with the Library Director, implement additional functionality and enhancements to the library’s electronic resources, services, or SLSP.
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent;
- good judgment as well as the ability to listen carefully and critically to interpret and understand patrons’ and colleagues’ needs;
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- strong service commitment, as well as organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- ability to take initiative, work both independently and collaboratively, handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and complete tasks in a timely manner;
- two years or more of directly related academic library experience.
Presbyterian College (PC) is a four-year undergraduate liberal-arts college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church USA. The college supports academic freedom and encourages community involvement. Located in Clinton, South Carolina, PC is approximately forty minutes from Greenville/Spartanburg, South Carolina and about one hour from Columbia, South Carolina. The region offers abundant opportunity for social and recreational activities, including a thriving main street in Greenville, performing arts centers in Greenville/Spartanburg, outstanding hiking and trail biking, numerous lakes for boating, and easy access to Charlotte and Asheville, North Carolina, and the stunning beaches of the Carolinas.
If interested, please send electronically a letter of application, vitae or resume, unofficial graduate and undergraduate transcripts, and contact information for three professional references whom we may call regarding your application to the Office of Human Resources (email@example.com). Review of completed applications will begin promptly and continue until the position is filled.
Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.