Director of eSports
The Director of eSports provides leadership and vision for the eSports program, including hiring and supervision of eSports coaching staff, recruiting student-athletes, mentoring, coaching and facility management. Responsible for the day to day operations, mission development, supervising a comprehensive program including current games and providing leadership and growth/change in game offerings. Will successfully lead and oversee the eSports program in a cost-effective manner. Responsible for developing summer camp/conference experiences to assist with developing a healthy community of gamers and enhancing revenue, as well growing sponsor/partner/donor revenue to support the eSports program.
This position reports to Athletic Director.
- Grow and develop a successful esports program:
- Conduct recruitment activities in accordance with NAIA and any eSports governing body rules and regulations.
- Coordinate recruitment and scholarship activities with the AD for Athletics and the VP for Enrollment Management.
- Oversee the academic progress of student athletes and maintain high levels of retention and graduation.
- Establish an effective schedule for practices and games (league & tournament schedule coordination).
- Maintain the eSports facility and equipment.
- Prepare a budget within established guidelines.
- Organize and direct the fund-raising activities for the eSports program.
- Organize and manage summer camps for prospective eSport student-athletes.
- Keep current of rolling updates and patches as metagame evolves for multiple games.
- Some coaching duties required and will oversee the evaluation of coaching staff.
- Promote attendance at esports events by providing information for students, faculty, staff and the public.
- Assist the marketing department and athletic sports information office to maintain information on the web page and coordinate television, print and radio information.
- Perform other athletic administrative duties as assigned.
- Follow university procedures associated with the purchase of equipment.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills required.
- Successful recruiting and coaching experience at the high school or college level preferred.
- Metagame knowledge of relevant eSports titles required.
- Current player ranking in relevant eSports titles preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant strategies, play patterns, and dynamics of competitive play preferred.
- Ability to interact with students, parents, admission staff, and the public in a positive way.
Overall supervision of eSports program at Presbyterian College will include supervision of coaching staff and work study students.
Some work is performed in a normal office setting. Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours. During course of day, can interact with students, faculty, and staff by computer, phone, or in person. Must be able to spend extended periods of time for practices and competitions and be able to travel as job demands. Nights and weekends will be a part of this position due to competition schedule and traveling.
Send cover letter, resume and list of three references including contact information to Presbyterian College Office of Human Resources, 503 S. Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325 or email materials to email@example.com .
The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.