Director of Video Productions
Job Title: Director of Video Productions
Position Type: Full-Time
Organization: PC Athletics
Job Description Summary:
The Director of Video Productions is an integral member of the athletic department’s external operations team and will direct and coordinate all live streaming and video productions for the athletic department, with particular attention on live streaming of approximately 80 athletic events via ESPN+/ESPN3 each year. The Director of Video Productions will also be responsible for hiring and supervising gameday video production staff (camera operators, etc.), maintaining all video production equipment; setup and administer an intern/student worker program; production of marketing and promotional video campaigns, highlight videos, website vignettes, video feature stories; produce video and other digital media content for website & social media; ensure video elements of corporate sponsorships are satisfied; organize, archive and catalog existing and new video footage; assist in securing talent/announcers for video production of all home athletic events.
Duties and Tasks:
- Oversees all livestreaming, video & broadcast production, and other video services for PC Athletics.
- Serve as primary contact for video services with the Big South Conference.
- Manage all video services, including set up and breakdown of all broadcast events; set up can include running and repairing video and audio cables.
- Coordinate broadcast staff and serve as engineer during events, troubleshooting issues that arise.
- Maintain broadcast production trailer, including all equipment housed within, and ensure its safe movement and parking at various facilities.
- Serve as liaison with outside broadcast companies for other linear and digital events.
- Hire and supervise gameday video production staff (camera operators, etc.), including assisting the securement of on-air talent for video broadcasts of all home athletic events.
- Oversee and maintain the athletic department’s video equipment inventory
- Setup and administration of an intern/student worker program
- Suggest and produce marketing and promotional video campaigns, highlight videos, website vignettes, and video feature stories
- Produce video and other digital media content for website and social media
- Ensure corporate sponsorship agreements which include video advertisements or other video elements are satisfied
- Organize, archive and catalog existing and new video footage
Required Knowledge Skills, Abilities, Experience and Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in experience in video productions.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- At least one (1) year of experience with video production with a preference for experience in an athletic setting and live streaming of athletic events.
- Demonstrated knowledge of video production equipment including cameras and all equipment needed for video streaming.
- Must possess strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact with students, faculty, staff, fans and alumni.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 40 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays. There may be limited travel with teams on a case-by-case basis.
Preferred education and experience (if applicable):
- Master’s degree.
- ESPN+ livestreaming and video production experience in a collegiate athletic setting.
- Digital media and/or graphic design experience
The work environment requires employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Flexibility of work schedule should be expected due to the nature of the position and the scheduling of athletic events on late afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays. Must have the ability to lift heavy equipment and stand for long periods of time. Some travel may be included.
E-mail letter of application, current resume, and names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to: Human Resources at email@example.com.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the NCAA, Big South, or any athletics conference in which Presbyterian College is a member or may join, and other established bodies that govern or oversee intercollegiate athletics. In the event Employee becomes aware, or has reasonable cause to believe, that violations of these organizations’ constitutions, bylaws, rules or regulations may have taken place, Employee shall promptly report the same to the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance at the institution. Employee shall cooperate fully and completely with any investigation of any alleged violation, whether such investigation is conducted by the University, NCAA or any other duly authorized agency or individual.
The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.