Financial Aid Counselor / Student Loan Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: FINANCIAL AID
POSITION REPORTS TO: FINANCIAL AID DIRECTOR
The main purpose of this position is to coordinate the origination and disbursement of state, federal and alternative student loans. This position also meets and works closely with future and current students and parents.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for ensuring institutional compliance of all state, federal and alternative loan programs for Graduate and Undergraduate students.
- Responsible for the origination of federal loans through COD and Banner – to include Subsidized, Unsubsidized, Parent Plus and Graduate Plus Loans.
- Responsible for the certification of alternative loans on ELM and SC Student loans to include the SC Teacher Loan on the South Carolina Student Loan Corporation website.
- Monitor the disbursements of state, federal and alternative loan funds for Undergraduate and Graduate students.
- Resolve loan issues concerning state, federal and alternative loans.
- Counsel students and parents on loan programs, repayment provisions and deferment options.
- Produce reports in Banner as necessary to reconcile all loan problems or determine loan reallocations.
- Monthly coordinates the reconciliation of all federal direct loan disbursements to COD and the Business Office.
- Monthly coordinates the reconciliation of all private loans and state loans disbursements and the Business Office.
- Update the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note requirements in Banner.
- Develop and maintain procedures for loan processing.
- Counsel student and parents on all financial aid programs and application requirements.
- Counsel students and parents by phone and in person about financial aid and bills.
- Assist in packaging awards for returning students.
- Assist in Pell Reconciliation.
- Attend conferences, presentations and seminars for professional development and stay current with new rules and regulations.
- Conduct workshops on financial aid for local high schools and organizations as requested.
- Conduct workshops on financial literacy during Fall and Spring visitation days to prospective students and parents.
- Coordinate exit interviews with students on all loans when they graduate or withdraw from college.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of experience in higher education setting preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Working knowledge of Banner tools desired
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to perform mathematical computations accurately.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Effective oral and written communications to maintain cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrate ability to follow through with projects and meet given deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with prospective students and families, current student body and parents, faculty and staff
- Ability to manage multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines while maintaining excellent, personalized financial aid service to parents, students, faculty and staff
- Ability to diffuse difficult or emotional situations with students and/or parents
Send a cover letter, résumé and list of three references including contact information to Presbyterian College Office of Human Resources, 503 S. Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325 or email materials to email@example.com
Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.