General Maintenance / Setup
General Maintenance / Setup
Location: Clinton, South Carolina
Job Description Summary:
Department of Campus Services
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the General Maintenance / Setup Laborer will perform setup for a myriad of campus events, move furniture, storage, and delivery tables, props, and other setup duties as may be assigned. Additionally, he/she will be tasked with assisting maintenance personnel in the performance of general maintenance tasks and minor building repairs and will perform such other duties as the Maintenance Supervisor may assign.
Set up and move tables, chairs, props, furniture, etc., for all campus events, office transfers, meetings, and other occasions as may be assigned.
- Transport furniture, props, and other materials required for set up.
- Ensure adherence to specific layouts and plans for special events.
- Perform basic (non-technical) building repair, renovation, and upkeep duties as may be assigned.
- Perform minor and major repairs of all buildings and equipment. (Major repairs and others involving licensed trades are performed under the supervision of licensed maintenance workers).
- Replace broken windows; repair doors, door locks and closets; install window blinds.
- Assist with the renovation/remodeling of buildings; repair plaster and drywall; paint interior and exterior of buildings.
- Performs a variety of other skilled and unskilled tasks in support of the Campus Services department as assigned/needed.
Proper training or knowledge of proper methods required for this trade.
- Good skill in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform manual labor and frequently lift objects weighing 50 pounds or more
- Ability to quickly adjust to changing priorities.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow basic written and oral instructions.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage and to interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Requirement of job include but not limited to:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License
Send a cover letter, résumé and list of three references including contact information to Presbyterian College Office of Human Resources, 503 S. Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325 or email materials to email@example.com
Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.