Presbyterian College seeks a MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing) Supervisor who has a proven track record of leadership and successful managing a facilities maintenance team within a campus environment or multi-site portfolio. The selected candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, be a clear communicator and have strong relationship building skills. Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the MEP Supervisor is responsible for the preventive maintenance and repair of all building mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems other related work, as well as all budget and record keeping.
- ‘The MEP Supervisor oversees the daily aspects of facilities maintenance regarding the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing for the college campus, and its associated properties. The position manages the daily schedule of the MEP staff and is considered a “working supervisor”.
- Ensures minimal downtime of campus assets by proactively identifying and correcting preventive maintenance deficiencies and on-demand work orders.
- Prepares, justifies and recommends annual operational budgets for area of responsibility and will ultimately monitor those budgets once in place. Assists in the preparation of the annual capital budget. Controls maintenance and repair job costs in accordance with budgeted requirements. Checks invoices in accord with established policy and procedure.
- The MEP Supervisor is an on-call position and is required to be available to respond to campus emergencies, as necessary.
- Monitors the quality of maintenance, repair work and evaluates the performance of maintenance staff through periodic inspections and direct daily supervision. Assist maintenance staff on specific jobs to facilitate their training while providing continuous safety training for all staff.
- Develops and maintains a work order receiving, dispatching and control system. Receives work requests; ranks them in response priority, assigns jobs to specific employees and contacts originator with anticipated work completion date and schedules.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable safety regulations, building codes and safety requirements. As well as, ensures completion of all maintenance and repair jobs in accordance with established College standards.
- Participates in the interviewing of new maintenance employees, recommending selections to Facility Director.
- Supervise campus vendors and contract work as needed.
- Assist the Facility Director in daily operations of the campus.
- Other duties as assigned by Directors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Extensive experience managing complex facilities operation. Knowledge of facility construction and building systems, including, but not limited to; mechanical, electrical, plumbing, elevators, and their associated operation and maintenance.
- It is essential that the successful candidate possess the ability to lead, manage and balance competing tasks, priorities and cleanliness, in addition to, completing all assigned projects on time and within budget while maintaining the College’s commitment to exceptional quality.
- Be able to understand blueprints, design specifications, and manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations to ensure (he correct configuration of equipment and components, verify their proper installation, and remedy issues as required.
- This position is considered an essential personnel employee and the selected candidate will be required to respond to campus emergencies, both natural and man-made. This includes after-hours/ weekend call-ins.
- Be able to communicate effectively through email, cell phone, text, and voicemail.
- Proficient with computer software including Microsoft Office suite and Google documents. Working knowledge of computerized work order systems, DDC controls systems, and NFPA is a plus.
- Normal ability to move around construction sites. Able to bend, stoop, twist, climb up and down ladders. Able to lift and carry 50 pounds, including up and down stairs.
- The ability to operate heavy machinery such as, back hoes, skid steers, excavators, etc.
- Ability to work with college staff’ at all levels while being courteous, respectful and customer service
- Ability to effectively interview, hire, evaluate and discipline employees.
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required.
- Associate’s degree preferred; significant experience and completion of a professional training program in a building trades may be substituted for educational requirements. 5-10 years’ experience as a facilities maintenance MEP trades person including 3+ years of Facilities Management supervisory experience in a campus environment or multi-site portfolio is required. 10+ years of MEP facilities maintenance experience is preferred.
Send a cover letter, résumé and list of three references including contact information to Presbyterian College Office of Human Resources, 503 S. Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325 or email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.