Job Description Summary:
The Senior Accountant reports to the Controller and is an integral part of the college’s finance team and supports the college’s mission by providing leadership to the Business Office. The Senior Accountant is involved in a variety of complex accounting and account reconciliation processes as well as the college’s annual financial audit.
- Reconcile all college bank statements monthly, including Endowment accounts
- Reconcile payroll withholding accounts monthly
- Reconcile trust statements quarterly
- Reconcile refund clearing accounts monthly
- Reconcile private scholarships monthly
- Balance financial aid from general ledger to Financial Aid Office Reports
- Fixed Asset Accounting
- Quarterly review of fixed asset invoices and entry into tracking spreadsheets and Sage fixed asset system
- Monthly construction update report for senior management
- Quarterly depreciation entries to the general ledger
- General Accounting
- Approve Cashier/Bookkeeper daily entries
- Monthly and year end reporting responsibilities
- Audit reconciliation schedules for annual external audit
- Prepare monthly budget-to-actual report
- Other duties as assigned
Pursue professional development to keep pace with demands for services and information including maintaining up to date information about the department and college.
- Bachelor’s Degree with three or more years’ experience in accounting
- Systems experience in accounting environment as well as advanced knowledge in working with computer applications and Microsoft Office Suite products including advanced skills working with Excel spreadsheets using various functions and formulas
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to present financial and non-financial information clearly and logically both in writing and orally
- Ability to use independent judgment in planning and managing non-routine activities
- High level of integrity with ability to maintain confidentiality and accept responsibility
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Superior organizational and follow-through skills
Work is performed under usual office conditions with long periods of working at a desk and in front of a computer
screen. Work involves deadlines, interruptions, and handling multiple tasks.
Send cover letter, resume and list of three references including contact information to Presbyterian College Office of Human Resources, 503 S. Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325 or email materials to email@example.com .
The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.